Tue, Apr 23, 11:37 PM CDT

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 21 9:14 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: No shortcut keys

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 6:42 AM · edited Tue, 23 April 2024 at 2:33 PM
Site Admin

I've seen a lot of people post that they tried using Blender but couldn't handle all the shortcut keys. I know in the past, they were necessary, but with the latest UI, it seems like they aren't needed, only helpful.

This was made without using any shortcuts. The only time I used the keyboard was for navigation of the camera and entering values.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 9:47 AM
Forum Moderator

Nice Render RedPhantom I still heavily use shortcut keys but with the current UI the need for memorising shortcut keys is becoming less needed especially for those new to Blender and so many add-ons that are heavily leaning towards pie menu workflows also has diminished the need to memorise shortcuts but personally I think and would always recommend to anyone learning Blender that you at the very basic level learn the navigational shortcuts keys because I still feel that is the fastest way to get around just my personal opinion 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

GGreen ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 10:02 AM

I have to agree with both of you. I am learning Blender and finding that using the add-ons helps me a great deal. I love the pie menus, but I do wish there was a script or add-on that could print a list of all the shortcut keys just in case I wanted to use them. Does anyone here know of any Blender tutorials that are not videos, but are in pdf format or book format?  I like to have a hard copy to read/highlight and make notes on. 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 10:22 AM
Site Admin

I normally use several shortcuts and struggled to use the menus instead for this project because of habit. 

Blender guru has a pdf of the shortcuts on his site. I’m not at my computer to find the link. You might be able to google it. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 12:36 PM
Forum Moderator

GGreen posted at 10:02 AM Fri, 26 May 2023 - #4466441

I have to agree with both of you. I am learning Blender and finding that using the add-ons helps me a great deal. I love the pie menus, but I do wish there was a script or add-on that could print a list of all the shortcut keys just in case I wanted to use them. Does anyone here know of any Blender tutorials that are not videos, but are in pdf format or book format?  I like to have a hard copy to read/highlight and make notes on. 

Hello GGreen there are some great Books out there for Blender you can find many on the Packt website they run sales often if you sign up for their newsletter and they run sale where everything on their website is only $5 which is how I filled up my Blender book library one really good one is Blender 3D Incredible Machines which specifically deals with hard surface modeling. Besides Blender Guru keyboard shortcut pdf CG Boost also offers a free pdf keyboard shortcut pdf that is pretty current and now Blender.org offers the Blender manual as both in Ebub and HTML format for download Blender 3.5 Reference Manual

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.