Wed, Apr 24, 12:45 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 23 11:28 pm)

Subject: Trying to find which past Poser release…

timeswimmer ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2023 at 3:42 PM · edited Sat, 20 April 2024 at 2:05 PM

I’m a long time Poser user who is trying to find which version of Poser it was (P6, 7,8, 9, PPro 14,11, 12) it was that included the ability to create scars in the characters face, easily make plump characters, distort body parts etc. Anybody remember or know? Appreciate you reply. Reach me at 3dmovies@gmail.com Thanks 

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2023 at 4:35 PM

If you are referring to the use of magnets, I believe all of them did.

timeswimmer ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2023 at 5:09 PM

No, I’m referring to the use of dials once the face was selected a net like graph appears on the face and you can select a point where you wanted the scar to start and dial until you got the look you wanted. Also you could select say the stomach and make it and the area around it bulge out etc.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2023 at 5:59 PM · edited Tue, 02 May 2023 at 6:00 PM

Poser had a feature like that?? Not to my knowledge... Unless you mean the use of the morph brush?

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 3:09 AM
Online Now!

Only thing I can think of remotely close is the combine morphs tab under the morph brush.  That let you pick a point / pin(s) and drag and any unlocked morphs would apply depending on morphs that affected said point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 5:04 PM

It was the face room. It was either version 6 or 7 I think.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 6:17 PM

@ EClark1894: you didn't read the OP closely.  Other body parts were mentioned besides the face.  The Face Room only deals with the head.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 6:21 PM
hborre posted at 6:17 PM Wed, 3 May 2023 - #4464181

@ EClark1894: you didn't read the OP closely.  Other body parts were mentioned besides the face.  The Face Room only deals with the head.

No, I read it. The face room could do all that. I did it myself.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 9:22 PM

Seriously?  I really don't see any other controls except for the face.  You need to convince me.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 6:21 AM

The Morph Tool was introduced in Poser 8.  There is a timeline of Poser versions and features here...

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/484/poser-through-the-years

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 4:46 PM
timeswimmer posted at 3:42 PM Tue, 2 May 2023 - #2979177

I’m a long time Poser user who is trying to find which version of Poser it was (P6, 7,8, 9, PPro 14,11, 12) it was that included the ability to create scars in the characters face, easily make plump characters, distort body parts etc. Anybody remember or know? Appreciate you reply. Reach me at 3dmovies@gmail.com Thanks 

Are you sure this wasn't some sort of add on product? What you describe seems to be more related to a character morph/texture package than a Poser feature. 

timeswimmer ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 10:15 PM · edited Sun, 07 May 2023 at 10:17 PM

ok... THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS! So it has been narrowed down to Poser 8. I found my Poser 8 .exe files and installed them. Problem. I installed it but when I tried to use it required that I register it. When I tried an Error message said the past serial number waS INCORRECT AS WELL as the current serial number. And the past serial number space was blanked out. So...since I paid for this software, Renderosity has told me they only bought  Poser 11 and Forward. So, I'm looking for a workaround to have access to my Poser 8. Anyway to make it "stand alone"? Or any other suggestion? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2023 at 11:12 AM
timeswimmer posted at 10:15 PM Sun, 7 May 2023 - #4464642

ok... THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS! So it has been narrowed down to Poser 8. I found my Poser 8 .exe files and installed them. Problem. I installed it but when I tried to use it required that I register it. When I tried an Error message said the past serial number waS INCORRECT AS WELL as the current serial number. And the past serial number space was blanked out. So...since I paid for this software, Renderosity has told me they only bought  Poser 11 and Forward. So, I'm looking for a workaround to have access to my Poser 8. Anyway to make it "stand alone"? Or any other suggestion? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

If you are trying to reinstall Poser 8 because someone said that was when the Morph Palette was introduced, that morph palette has been included in every version since then. There is no reason to reinstall Poser 8 just for the morph palette.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.