Thu, Mar 28, 7:19 AM CDT

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, CHMedia

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 28 2:58 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Frequent Buyer Program

dim357 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 1:26 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 10:31 PM

I would like to suggest a frequent buyer's program.

Currently you have the following rewards program set up ...

Product Review Posted:  5 Points
Gallery Uploads: 3 Points                         
Approved FreeStuff Uploads: 20 Points         
Approved Tutorial Uploads: 30 Points              
Product Uploads: 25 Points                             
Approved Contest Submissions: 20 Points      
MarketPlace Purchases: 5 points per $1 spent for all members.
7 points per $1 spent for Prime Members.

I would like to suggest the following addition ... at the end of the month you run a report to see who were the top Prime buyers were.

Those who fall in the top 40% earn Bronze status and receive an extra point for each dollar spent. Those who are in the top 20% earn Silver status and receive an extra two points for each dollar spent IN ADDITION to the 1 point already received from the Bronze level. Those who are in the top 10% earn Gold status and receive an extra three points for each dollar spent IN ADDITION to the 1 point already received from the Bronze level and the two points from silver level. Those who are in the top 5% earn Platinum status and receive an extra four points for each dollar spent IN ADDITION to the 1 point already received from the Bronze level and the 2 points from silver level and the three points for Gold level.

To summarize :

top 40% = 1 extra point for each dollar spent

top 20% = 3 extra points for each dollar spent (1 point for bronze plus 2 points for silver)

top 10% = 6 extra points for each dollar spent (1 point for bronze plus, 2 points for silver, 3 points for gold)

top 5% = 10 extra points for each dollar spent (1 point for bronze plus, 2 points for silver, 3 points for gold, 4 points for Platinum)

This will create competition among your buyers. Suppose someone purchased $100 worth of stuff and they hit Bronze level and get an extra 100 points. They will be thinking "Maybe if I spent an extra $10 or $20 I might have made silver and got an extra 300 points instead of just 100 points"

NikKelly ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 9:59 PM

On the surface, a neat idea.

But, there's already the store-points system, and 'ranking' buyers sounds unpleasantly 'pyramidal'...

Sorry, include me out...

chupacabra555 ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 3:32 AM

Question: Has the policy chanced recently?

I've made a few purchases recently, and I didn't see my points go up at all.

Checking the Rewards page, this is what it says (see below):

It seems like the "5 points per $1 spent" is gone.

So, is this now the new policy (unless you are a Prime member you no longer get points for purchases)?

How do I earn points?

The chart below lists what you can do to earn points and the number of points you get for each action.

ActionPoints
Contest Entry Approved 20
Contest Vote 10
Freestuff Item Approved 20
Gallery Image (Non-Vendor) 10
Gallery Image (Vendor) 15
Marketplace Purchase (Prime)
Prime members only.
7 per dollar spent

NikKelly ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 9:53 AM

"It seems like the '5 points per $1 spent' is gone."

Unless has simply fallen off page during update --Not unknown !!-- would seem so...

Hmm...

I banked a lot of store points against P_12's arrival. Did not reckon its 'new facilities' cost-effective, kept banking towards _13.
No, I'll wait for next 13.x, look again...

FWIW, DS recently added a 'frequent buyer' program, whose tokens expire at end of week !!
ROFL !!!!

Does not influence my collecting their 'budget' Classic outfits (VAGSM4), props etc, plus 'interesting' freebies.
The 'non-Poser' models make their way to Poser as either 'static' OBJ+MTL or rigged FBX...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.