Tue, Apr 16, 3:35 PM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Genesis 9 in Carrara

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 3:38 AM · edited Mon, 15 April 2024 at 5:07 PM

Everything loads right out of the box, but don't get too excited, skeleton is not attached, so poses don't work.

FmZWbqpnkGSXcaC7WWaTnk6Y5rOG2DbjDjZWmmYJ.JPG

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 3:52 AM · edited Wed, 19 October 2022 at 3:52 AM

But I'm working on it

RrUqiyr0pnRwn6pfz9APIplEulh6mz8zuGR2PtFk.JPG

ProPose001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 6:02 AM · edited Fri, 21 October 2022 at 6:03 AM

Genesis 9 Female wearing Victoria 9 Skin.  Consists of Genesis 9, Eyes, Lashes, Brows (card), Gens and Tear and Mouth, merged into a single figure.  Still needs some work.

3ldBGg3m3YAGD9w707H3Fn8VlF6WdUyOFjozMcya.JPG

ProPose001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 6:07 AM · edited Fri, 21 October 2022 at 6:12 AM

Workflow is basically the same as Genesis 8.1.  Converted all the attachments to blended weight in DS4.21, saved as subsets, and then to character presets.  Merge was done in DS4.10, cause it failed in DS4.21.  File size in Carrara 15,051 KB.  Hoping that Zev0 morphs will catch up to Genesis 9.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 11:56 PM · edited Fri, 28 October 2022 at 12:01 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

This is my Victoria 9 WIP in Carrara using the Octane Renderer.  Still needs some work, like better lighting, finish the hair texturing, Some clothes, maybe, and background stuff.

Basically, there are three items in the scene, as far as the figure goes. the OOT hair for V9.  The default fiber brows that load with V9, and of course Genesis 9 with Victoria 9 dialed in.  She's a merged figure, that is, I merged the eyes, the tear, the gens, and also found some geograft nipples, all merged into a single figure.  All this was done in DS4.10, and as there are very few morphs available as of now, so not many dials to set (prior to merging).  So, with the hair and brows, saved in Carrara, she's almost 300 mb, with over 200 mb just for the hair.sjC2PKuOgiDfu48Tj08JVPM3vA4s9a5JYc6WsOOP.JPG

the mouth and the lashes are in there too, forgot to mention.

diomede ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 2:54 PM · edited Fri, 28 October 2022 at 2:54 PM

Great news.  I am having success loading Genesis 9 in Carrara, posing, rendering, and converting Genesis 8 character morph shapes to Genesis 9.  Less success converting individual G8 body part morphs to G9 without morphing the whole figure.  Probably my error on that one.  

Convenience will need some conversion utilities, such as for skin maps.  I successfully converted the G8Male Mummy shape to for use with Genesis 9, but the maps for G8 don't match the UVs for G9. At least I don't think so.  Maybe there is a setting I am missing.  There are places to change the UVs so I may have missed it.  Meanwhile, I have a G9 base skin merchant resource from RawArt that I am hoping will be the perfect starting point for a monster.  Here is the G9 figure with a morph for Genesis 8 Male Mummy character posed and rendered in Carrara.  Just Carrara's default gray shader.VYoDJlPWxFiNLzCZND39IL6Tzd2cJcygBW9zm4oA.jpg

ProPose001 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 3:24 PM

Topology is totally different, and the shading domains are completely different as well.  That said, I'm sure someone will devise a texture converter in time.  But I also get tired of seeing the same old textures, tweaked a bit, on various characters, so I'm looking forward to new and fresh maps for G9.  I'm more looking forward to more Zev0 morph kits, like those that exist for every other Generation.  But for sure, I'm thankful that G9 works in Carrara without too much of a fuss.  Figure merges still don't work well in the latest beta of DS so I'm really glad that G9 works in DS4.10

diomede ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 5:16 PM

They have released sort of a converter.  A Daz PA created geografts to mimic the differences in material zones and then applies the shaders to that. Not quite a converter but will probably help some people.  Being a geograft, not ideal for Carrara.  Don't have it to test if one can do the double parenting work around.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 9:54 PM
ProPose001 ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 11:57 PM

"not ideal for Carrara" is putting it mildly.  Looks like a giant PITA to me, knowing the uv issues of geografts in Carrara.  I would be tempted to do a Figure Merge inside DS using the Geometry Editor and reassigning the grafted geometry to their proper Regions.  Assuming that that works,  and transferring all the effected morphs, and then Adjusting the Rigging to Shape,  etc.  One might end up with a G9 with G8/8.1 uv's in Carrara.  

I know nothing about Ultimate Unwrap 3D Repaint so I can't comment on that option.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2023 at 6:25 AM · edited Mon, 23 January 2023 at 6:28 AM

just thought I better post here to stop the spammer necrothread raising from knocking it off the page,

Sadly the way this forum works not displaying older threads easily is what discourages me from posting here, Carrara forum at DAZ going back 5 pages is not unusual for me, here you just cannot.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

ProPose001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2023 at 3:51 PM

I noticed that. The posts seem to time out and go away after about 30 days of no activity.  I think that's what happens to people too. :-)

bellottwig ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2023 at 5:30 AM

Just seen like reall!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.