Welcome to the Poser 12 - Feature Requests Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, jennblake

(Last Updated: 2022 Dec 03 2:38 am)

Would you like to tell the Poser 12 Development team something you would like to see added to Poser 12? Or a tool that already exist be improved upon? Tell us here!

PLEASE post a NEW thread for every item. Do not post on an on-going thread/conversation or your request will be missed!

Subject: A simple addition (I think) to P12

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2022 at 10:26 AM · edited Sat, 03 December 2022 at 6:55 PM

Maybe it's already there and I just haven;t figured out how to do it, but it would be nice if, when using the install function under the Purchases section of the Library, you could select where to install the files. I have my libraries sorted by vendors and (in some cases) figures and would like to install the purchases to this runtimes rather than a single enormous runtime that takes forever to loacte what you're looking for. Thanks for listening.

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 7:18 AM

You're braver than me: After a totally traumatic experience when my over-loaded library 'broke bad' in P4, I've kept as much as possible in external libraries, connect / disconnect as required...

Yes, I down-load product zips, short-cuts, product renders / notes etc to relevant Windows folder / sub-folder, un-pack there, craft a 350x350 folder.jpg...

And gets renders, PZ3s, notes, comments etc etc that Poser's core run-time library cannot support...

This also suits my other gleanings, the DS, XPS, GMOD/SFM, FBX and MMD (PMX) imports, plus budget OBJ etc CAD models...

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 9:01 AM

well that's the other thing I do use external drives, too. so redirecting the D/Ls would help there as well. but I made the mistake of thinking the store d/l would help recover some older file and found that it just drops everything into one massive folder which

a) just makes everything harder to find

b) is pure H**l to try and sort apart.

c) all landed on my internal drive

so a way to sort them as they are down loaded would definitely be helpful, but since you are the only reply to this thread I assume no one from Rendo really checks it (or at least not very often). A shame really.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 12:21 PM · edited Mon, 03 October 2022 at 12:22 PM
Letterworks posted at 9:01 AM Mon, 3 October 2022 - #4445760

well that's the other thing I do use external drives, too. so redirecting the D/Ls would help there as well. but I made the mistake of thinking the store d/l would help recover some older file and found that it just drops everything into one massive folder which

a) just makes everything harder to find

b) is pure H**l to try and sort apart.

c) all landed on my internal drive

so a way to sort them as they are down loaded would definitely be helpful, but since you are the only reply to this thread I assume no one from Rendo really checks it (or at least not very often). A shame really.

If you are on Windows, you should try the free, excellent "Everything", a tool that can find files as fast as you can use your keyboard. Here.

Y-Phil.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 32Gb, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2x 2Tb ssd + 1x 6Tb hd + 1x 4Tb hd + 1x 8Tb hd, Poser 11, Poser 12, Octane, HDR Light Studio

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.