Fri, Apr 19, 2:23 AM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 9:41 pm)

Subject: Genesis 9 announcement!

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2022 at 9:16 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 8:57 AM

Daz 3D announces Genesis 9, the 'next evolution' in figures with a Victoria 9 reveal. The main change despite other 'evolutionary' changes is the return to a unified mesh for Males and Females featured in the original Genesis figure. Expected release dates are mid October.

Here is the announcement video if you are interested:

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2022 at 9:36 PM

Here are a few more details about the new figure:

"Genesis 9 measurements have been meticulously crafted to match real-world averages. Paired with a more natural posture and the new Proportions System, creating and customizing realistic characters has never been easier. Genesis 9 advancements include:

8K HD Materials 

Included standard with the base Genesis 9 figure. 

Asymmetry Morphs 

Give your characters more “character” with asymmetrical modifications. 

Improved Posing & Animation 

With enhanced bone hierarchy and industry-standard naming. 

Real-World Proportions 

Real-world measurements and a new Proportions System make realistic character customization easier than ever before. 

Unified Figure 

Blendability of cross-gender shapes brings next-level character diversity and support for add-ons like clothing, hair, accessories, and more. 

…And More!  "

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2022 at 9:42 PM

Basically Daz have gone back to the old Genesis 1 unified model with Genesis 9.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2022 at 10:05 PM

ghosty12 posted at 9:42 PM Wed, 21 September 2022 - #4444990

Lol, Well spotted... Oh and there are a few other differences between this and the Original Genesis figure.

Here are a few I can think off the top of my head:

PBR material sets

Iray support

Dforce support

HD Morph support

An improved mesh

improved rigging

Asymmetry support

Industry standardisation in various areas

Honestly a unified mesh is a far better pathway to product support for a figure. The original Genesis had a number of issues in this area primarily around creating clothing that supported both shapes, but there were a few others too. The idea was solid back in 2011, it just had some technical limitations with the application of the idea to that figure. Hopefully Genesis 9 will resolve these issues giving end users a better experience with the unified mesh than the original Genesis figure delivered in 2011. 

ghosty12 ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 12:37 AM · edited Thu, 22 September 2022 at 12:41 AM
Razor42 posted at 10:05 PM Wed, 21 September 2022 - #4444994

Lol, Well spotted... Oh and there are a few other differences between this and the Original Genesis figure.

PBR material sets

Iray support

Dforce support

HD Morph support

An improved mesh

improved rigging

Asymmetry support

Honestly a unified mesh is a far better pathway to product support for a figure. The original Genesis had a number of issues in this area primarily around creating clothing that supported both shapes, but there were a few others too. The idea was solid back in 2011, it just had some technical limitations with the application of the idea to that figure. Hopefully Genesis 9 will resolve these issues giving end users a better experience with the unified mesh than the original Genesis figure delivered in 2011. 

The other major difference is how they have changed where the main facial features such as eyes and mouth aren they are no longer under the head sub tab like it has been for years. They are now in the main tab with the eyelashes and tear. Either way it does look good, but may wait a while before jumping onboard.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 1:49 PM

Absolutely no benefit to me whatsoever. G8F will remain my go to until they actually do a Real upgrade, not a mess around that is there to make people re-buy eveything.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 2:59 PM · edited Thu, 22 September 2022 at 3:00 PM
Forum Coordinator

Hmm.

Unified meshes have been around for a long time. Steph already was based on Michael mesh.   

This V9 looks good for sure, but other than compromises in the rig to fit industry standards does it bring anything that could not have been achieved with the existing figures? 

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 3:23 PM · edited Thu, 22 September 2022 at 3:23 PM
Forum Coordinator

Real reason becomes clear:

the figure will not be the default coming with DS, it seems. 

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 4:45 PM

Vicky 9 isn't the base G figure, it is just a morph - I am sure there will be a Genesis 9 essentials, just like there was for G1, G2, G3, & G8.

I just noticed the cost went up by 25%.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 6:41 PM

Razor42 posted at 10:05 PM Wed, 21 September 2022 - #4444994

PBR material sets

Iray support

Dforce support

HD Morph support

An improved mesh

improved rigging

Asymmetry support

I was going to comment but Razor beat me to it.

That said the reason the eyes etc are listed underneath is they are separate figures iirc.

MarkCM ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 10:15 AM
FVerbaas posted at 3:23 PM Thu, 22 September 2022 - #4445056

Victoria was not the default Genesis 1, 2, 3, 7 or 8 figure.

marble ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2022 at 9:33 PM · edited Wed, 05 October 2022 at 9:34 PM
MarkCM posted at 10:15 AM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445403
FVerbaas posted at 3:23 PM Thu, 22 September 2022 - #4445056

Victoria was not the default Genesis 1, 2, 3, 7 or 8 figure.
Dammit - I must have missed Genesis 7 somehow!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.