Fri, Mar 29, 1:29 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 01 1:21 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Getting a good blend for genital pubic patch, need help!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2022 at 9:55 AM · edited Tue, 26 March 2024 at 9:23 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here is my setup and a render.  In Firefly it renders fine but using the Physical Root node I'm not able to get a good blend between the pubic patch and the shaft of L'Homme's genitals.  If I turn down the specular or I darken the specular then I get a divided line.  I want the shaft to have some specular gloss that matches the skin I've got set up.  I could turn all the specular off but then it looks dull and not right when compared to the rest of L'Homme's body.  

Thanks for any help and PS, I don't want to creating 10,0000 nodes to rectify this, simple as possible!  LOL 

qbI6gamYO1vKzMO1IjJRQZJ3wY9267ov4tb6sY0Q.png9Z6DmFhP8VwVuA4gwFSeN2JXBlwKkpaLmfYq9fcB.pngueVrR0SUjOEQSQK394VwPtNL5lqtt5ASl37aT5qD.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2022 at 3:25 PM

Why do you have a Scatter node in the lower right-hand corner of your Material Room screencap?  You should be connecting a Diffuse map to that SeparateRGB node.  That might be causing the added glossiness you're seeing.  Personally, the Scatter Distance values are way too high but they work for you without causing self-illumination then leave them the way they are.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2022 at 5:54 PM
Forum Moderator

You also need to use your transparency node to blend the specular too. Use a color math node and multiply the spec map by the trans color. Plug that into the Specualr input.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 9:21 AM

OK, I'll give that a try!  Thanks folks! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 10:33 AM

OK, well that killed the shine but not sure how to set up the blend as now I have that line again.  

s452R31QdTXBtG0DyddOmj2a5ZRQ1AOawWsm21Nf.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 12:43 PM · edited Sat, 30 April 2022 at 12:43 PM

Better but not perfect

BzxeLGCJGqsn81nyHdRZK84QQXMfiBqQ0DzHX9d7.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 2:00 PM

On that first image with the Color_Math node, why do you have a black chip in value2 on a multiply function?  That should be white for the function to work correctly.  White, imagine it being 1, multiplied by black, the equivalent to 0, will result as a final result of 0, no effect.  And in your second image, the math function is division, contrary to what Nerd suggested.  Did you try his suggestion and found that it didn't work?  There is no elaboration in your responding posts.  If everything hasn't worked to your satisfaction up to now, have you tried darkening the Specular chip on the PhysicalSurface?  I also noted that your emission chip is not completely black although there isn't any emission strength applied to it.  I would adjust it just to make certain that that channel isn't leaking light.  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 2:58 PM

I think it either came in that way or I tried it with both chips white and it wasn't good.  I can't remember off hand!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2022 at 10:44 AM · edited Sun, 01 May 2022 at 10:44 AM

So I guess this is as good as it will get.  I did simplify the set up a bit more and removed the scatter nodes and also copied over the Math node to the shaft and testes BUT did have to reduce the specular for both to make it work out correctly!  I still see a line where the trans area and the shaft edges meet but I don't know how to resolve that.  

AMYWULVqHaAHhrsHaR9SiuZWnbfFoNOAi0dfT8u6.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2022 at 6:53 AM

I don't know if it  has an impact or not, but if I remember correctly, Bagginsbilll one day stated that on bump and trans maps, gamma should be set to 1.0, and they shouldn't have any filtering applied, to be sure that the datas of those "pictures" arrive without any modification.
And that's something I'm doing each time, now.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2022 at 9:35 AM

OK, I'll check that out.  I'm sort of redoing a bunch of settings so I'll double check those.  Thanks so much! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.