Tue, Apr 16, 2:27 AM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 15 2:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: S...L...O...W

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2022 at 3:31 PM · edited Mon, 15 April 2024 at 8:21 AM

Is it just me, or is 'Rosity dragging in it's tracks rather slowly lately. Seems to take a lot longer for a gallery image to appear after clicking on its link or thumbnail the last couple weeks or so. 🤔

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 12:11 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

It's just you. You need to upgrade your Tandy 1000.

Seriously, I noticed one day for about an hour it was slow, but when I switched computers, the lag disappeared.

Wolfenshire, Moderator - Writers, Photoshop, Gimp, Digital Comics, Animation

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 8:01 AM

I thought it was just me... I click on an image in the gallery and it takes anywhere from 10 to 12s till the page shows up, I'm sitting in front of a blank screen that long... or if I hit any button: Like, Favorite, Post comment, upload art takes 10s minimum, developer messed with the latency cause it only does it on URLs beginning with https://www.renderosity.com/rr/ any other URL that doesn't have that "rr" in it is super fast... like I click on Rod's avatar and it takes me there right away. I have 5G T-mobile as ISP, connection is insane fast on any website except yours. Please do something about it. Thanks!

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 11:59 AM

Wolfenshire posted at 12:11 AM Thu, 10 February 2022 - #4434615

It's just you. You need to upgrade your Tandy 1000.

😆 Shhhhh..... Don't be giving away all my secrets, now..... 🤣😆

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 12:19 PM

Okay sorry, it IS just me... I tried the slower free xfinity internet with your website and the webpages load smooth... like it should, the website is just scared of 5G. Nevermind my complaint... carry on lol

D6COOQHDTnruJ32ieaQ3WFKJlAm71gDsdC8NkG7k.jpg

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 3:06 PM

See, that's what happens when you try to stay current with technology, Rick... 🤣 Now.... Back to my TRS-80... 🙄😂

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 6:08 PM · edited Thu, 10 February 2022 at 6:12 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I was having a laggy day today, but, I'm on my older computer, and furthest from the router.

I remember way back when, seeing the Tandy's in Radio Shack, and thinking, no way those things are ever going to catch on, it's just a fad. The only thing a computer was good for was to write up your resume, and for that you went to a little old lady in a tiny little rented office to get it typed up on a Wang.

Wolfenshire, Moderator - Writers, Photoshop, Gimp, Digital Comics, Animation

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2022 at 6:43 PM

It was actually fairly quick for me, today.. We need to get all our Magick aligned to the proper sun-moon coordinates. I'll have Kinnie look into that...

I remember those Wangs... After 30+ years in the office reproductive / printing equipment service industry, I've seen a LOT of weird equipment come and go.... I did have a TRS-80 for several years, and did a fair bit of writing with it. It would have been a bit of a challenge doing the TNA stuff on it! LOL

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2022 at 10:18 PM

it has been crawling for me sometimes and then totally does not load. this evening when trying to open email links, it goes to some page I do not recognize.

I quit mentioning problems as no one if never answers . easier to just stay in the dark

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 2:30 PM

OMG * squeaky noise * Renderosity is 5G ready! The website is superfast!! I haven't seen anything like it before... Thank you so much!

One day, centuries from now, digital archeologists will discover this thread... and wonder what we're talking about LOL!

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 9:16 PM

Is it just me, or is Renderosity EXTREMELY slow (again) lately? I clicked on "notifications" under my user icon, and it sat there for several minutes doing nothing. It would be awesome if someone like a mod or admin would respond. Thanks.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2022 at 7:00 AM
RodS posted at 9:16 PM Sat, 2 April 2022 - #4436670

Is it just me, or is Renderosity EXTREMELY slow (again) lately? I clicked on "notifications" under my user icon, and it sat there for several minutes doing nothing. It would be awesome if someone like a mod or admin would respond. Thanks.

Same for me... Could it be the result of some cyberwar somewhere?

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2022 at 4:09 PM

I don't think so. I think it's more a case of no one in a position to make a difference at this site gives a damn anymore. The complete lack of any kind of response by those taking care of the site shows how much they (don't) care. Sad....

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 1:31 AM

Slow for the last week

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 1:43 AM

The more I think about that, the more I'm convinced that based on the fact that a full website is basically an HTML generating framework + a database, their database system is cruelly lacking any type of indexation, because their "Poser Official Forum" is up to 5 times slower (at least!) as their "Poser Python Scripting Forum".

Be a Python developer on Odoo, a huge Python/Javascript based framework coupled to a PosgreSQL database, this is what I feel: poor design, with lacking indexes. And honestly, I still don't understand the way to look at past posts: each time, I'm happy if I find something. 
I probably think too much, in a too "techie" way 😄

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

thoreandan ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2022 at 12:58 PM

I find this site is so slow on Firefox it's unusable, and it's been that way for about 1-2 months. But it runs okay on Chrome and on iPhone Safari. I thought maybe it was me so I ran Firefox in safe mode with no plugins, but it made no difference.

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2022 at 12:45 PM

I'm probably wasting my time posting here, because no one that could make a difference seems to give a damn anymore, but here goes anyway...

I now have a red dot to the right of my profile pic at the top of the page. It's where the normal blue 'notifications' dot appears. This one is red and has a "1" in it. What is it? And how do I make it go away?

It would be DEEPLY appreciated if someone in the admin / mod realm would have the courtesy to respond.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2022 at 7:31 AM

It's slower than a big bag of very slow things today.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2022 at 11:44 AM

I found that true yesterday, but so far today, not so bad.  Of course, I just got here for the first time, so it'll probably be a lot slower later.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2022 at 4:08 PM
Miss B posted at 11:44 AM Sat, 9 April 2022 - #4436970

I found that true yesterday, but so far today, not so bad.  Of course, I just got here for the first time, so it'll probably be a lot slower later.

Aha! So it's *your* fault, is it?

My Store

My Gallery

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 1:09 AM

Still slow to load.

Other sites and pages loading as normal.

Our download speed is 380 Mbps.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 11:32 AM

SamTherapy posted at 4:08 PM Sat, 9 April 2022 - #4436982

My fault??  How do you figure that Sam?  Just because I only visit the forums here about 3 times a day, that makes it my fault?!?!?!?

Just kidding, as it did get quite a bit slower later in the day yesterday.  😁

Butterfly Dezignz

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 2:01 PM
Forum Moderator

It's odd. I never see the slowdowns people are talking about. I have a slow connection so you'd think if all of you with high-speed stuff see a slowdown, it would become unusable to me.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 3:12 PM

Miss B posted at 11:32 AM Sun, 10 April 2022 - #4437007

SamTherapy posted at 4:08 PM Sat, 9 April 2022 - #4436982

My fault??  How do you figure that Sam?  Just because I only visit the forums here about 3 times a day, that makes it my fault?!?!?!?

Just kidding, as it did get quite a bit slower later in the day yesterday.  😁

With your very own words...

"I just got here for the first time, so it'll probably be a lot slower later."

Guilty as charged, I'd say.  :D

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 5:43 PM
SamTherapy posted at 3:12 PM Sun, 10 April 2022 - #4437014
With your very own words...

"I just got here for the first time, so it'll probably be a lot slower later."

Guilty as charged, I'd say.  :D

~ROFLMAO~

Butterfly Dezignz

thoreandan ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2022 at 5:06 PM
RedPhantom posted at 2:01 PM Sun, 10 April 2022 - #4437012

It's odd. I never see the slowdowns people are talking about. I have a slow connection so you'd think if all of you with high-speed stuff see a slowdown, it would become unusable to me.

What browser do you use? I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the difference, but I could be wrong. For me, it’s very browser specific, with Firefox being problematic regardless of day or time, and Chrome and IOS Safari being mostly fine all the time. Sometimes if I try to browse Renderosity on Firefox the browser gets so hung up it doesn’t even close if I x out, I have to close it in Task Manager. So I tend to think it has to do with a script or something running on the site that Firefox really doesn’t like. But I don’t know if anybody else here that’s having problems uses Firefox?

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2022 at 6:10 PM · edited Mon, 11 April 2022 at 6:18 PM

I have the latest version of Firefox, as that's the browser I've been using for decades.  I also have Opera as a backup browser, but haven't tried viewing this forum with it.  I may have to do that to see what results I get.

Edited to Add:

Well I'm back again, and this time with the latest Opera browser, and yes, it's definitely a problem with Firefox, because I'm literally "running" through the forums now.

Butterfly Dezignz

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2022 at 8:19 PM
Forum Moderator
thoreandan posted at 5:06 PM Mon, 11 April 2022 - #4437068
RedPhantom posted at 2:01 PM Sun, 10 April 2022 - #4437012

What browser do you use? I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the difference, but I could be wrong. For me, it’s very browser specific, with Firefox being problematic regardless of day or time, and Chrome and IOS Safari being mostly fine all the time. Sometimes if I try to browse Renderosity on Firefox the browser gets so hung up it doesn’t even close if I x out, I have to close it in Task Manager. So I tend to think it has to do with a script or something running on the site that Firefox really doesn’t like. But I don’t know if anybody else here that’s having problems uses Firefox?
I'm using waterfox, a firefox knockoff.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2022 at 5:49 AM

Dragging its feet today!

thoreandan ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2022 at 6:04 AM
A_Sunbeam posted at 5:49 AM Wed, 13 April 2022 - #4437141

Dragging its feet today!

Do you mind if I ask what browser you use? 

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2022 at 1:24 AM
thoreandan posted at 6:04 AM Wed, 13 April 2022 - #4437142
A_Sunbeam posted at 5:49 AM Wed, 13 April 2022 - #4437141

Dragging its feet today!

Do you mind if I ask what browser you use? 
Firefox on Mac, sometimes Safari; slow at moment on both.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2022 at 3:12 AM

Firefox and Brave, it's relatively responsive during the morning (Swiss time: GMT+1) down to almost not useable during the end of afternoons)

PhYl.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2022 at 4:48 AM

I'm using Opera - as I have for years - and this is the only site I ever see as being slow.  It's painful sometimes, today being one such time.  Compared to the huge amount of traffic the BBC site encounters, you'd think this place would be quite nippy but noooo.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2022 at 10:19 AM
Y-Phil posted at 3:12 AM Thu, 14 April 2022 - #4437178

Firefox and Brave, it's relatively responsive during the morning (Swiss time: GMT+1) down to almost not useable during the end of afternoons)

That's how I see it as well, and I'm on the East Coast USA, so pretty much the same no matter where in the world you are.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2022 at 10:21 AM
SamTherapy posted at 4:48 AM Sun, 17 April 2022 - #4437279

I'm using Opera - as I have for years - and this is the only site I ever see as being slow.  It's painful sometimes, today being one such time.

I have the latest version of Opera as my backup browser, and when I tested it the other day, it was fine.  Then again, I'm not on it for long periods of time, so don't know if it would also give me the slow down if I used it all day.

Butterfly Dezignz

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2022 at 11:15 AM

Definitely, the "speed" of the website is erratic, to say the least...
Now it's 6pm for me (Switzerland) and many forums here are very, very slow. And it doesn't depend on my internet connection or on the web browser.

PhYl.

thoreandan ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2022 at 10:02 AM

Yeah, seems I spoke too soon thinking it was browser-specific, I'm having the same problems on Chrome and Safari now as well as Firefox. Great.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2022 at 7:29 PM

It's been complete and utter pants for me today.  And the day before, and the one before that and so on ad nauseum.  

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.