Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Moderators: Digitell, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2021 Nov 30 12:48 pm)

Subject: Poser and Mac Monterey OS

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2021 at 9:44 AM · edited Tue, 30 November 2021 at 2:26 AM
Online Now!

Has anyone tried, or know, if Poser 12 will operate on the latest Mac OS Monterey?

thanks

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2021 at 10:47 AM

I have a new mac on the way, which I expect to ship with Monterey. I will confirm Poser 12 myself unless I can find someone else who's already upgraded.
Both my current machines are running Big Sur, but they are 2011 and 2013 legacy hardware, so need the Open Core Legacy Patcher to run that.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

an0malaus ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 1:48 AM

I have one report that Poser 12 does work in Monterey, though there are some possible issues with multiple monitors and their arrangement causing Poser crashes. That appeared to be resolved by resetting the monitor arrangement to what Poser was previously using, if I understand correctly.

Poser has for quite some time had issues with multiple monitors and following changes in their arrangement (connect/disconnect, move within viewport, etc.) when Poser windows had been saved via memory dot or UI layout on those secondary monitors. They tend to get dumped back on the main display as a failsafe catchall, which can be annoying at times.

In any case, it seems that Poser 12 is mainly compatible, with the above exceptions noted.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

mickale ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2021 at 10:45 AM
Online Now!

great, thanks for the info.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.