Tue, Apr 16, 12:23 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 16 12:03 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: There was some great content even back in the day

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 1:02 AM · edited Tue, 16 April 2024 at 5:23 AM

I was going through some of my early purchases here at Renderosity.  Am seeing so many really great products which I purchased for earlier figures and versions of Poser software. Just great characters and clothing and poses and props. So sad that they have passed into the mists of time with the corresponding earlier figures like Michael 2, Michael 3, and even Michael 4, and their female counterparts of the Victoria series.   Also from some vendors who are no longer with us on this planet. 

I think some of those items may need shader updates for modern render engines ( well, almost 17 years have passed !).  However, the artistic ideas and the creativity gone into those products is still to be admired, and yes, in some odd way, loved even. 

Eternal Hobbyist

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 2:02 AM

A well made model is a well made model, regardless of age.  There have been - and still are - many talented creators for Poser.  My groaning Runtimes are testament to that.  

There are some exceptional Freebies, too; IMO the best guitar models are the ones made by Mask-Da.  They have a level of detail and accuracy that puts any others to shame.  The materials setup on 'em is not great but that's nothing a few minutes in the Material Room can't solve.  Sadly, Mask's free stuff seems to be unavailable now.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 1:19 PM · edited Tue, 09 November 2021 at 1:21 PM

@ SamTherapy - Speaking of talent, obviously you haven't seen the amazing good guy FreeBass freebies here at Renderosity, he's modelled pretty much everything but the cables... Eh? lol

https://www.renderosity.com/users/FreeBass/freestuff

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2021 at 2:00 AM
TwiztidKidd posted at 1:19 PM Tue, 9 November 2021 - #4430205

@ SamTherapy - Speaking of talent, obviously you haven't seen the amazing good guy FreeBass freebies here at Renderosity, he's modelled pretty much everything but the cables... Eh? lol

https://www.renderosity.com/users/FreeBass/freestuff

Yes, I've seen them, and even downloaded a few.  No disrespect intended but I much prefer Mask's stuff.

My Store

My Gallery

FreeBass ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2021 at 3:56 PM

In all honesty... I prefer Mask's stuff too. Kind of a big inspiration to me, & I've used a LOT of it. Check my gallery; if it ent mine it's Mask's. The thing is that most of his (?) stuff is pretty normal/ bland/ seen it a million times/ everybody has one type gear (coughcoughtoomanyLPscough). I try to do more unique/ hard to find instruments (perhaps w/ a bit of a heavy metal bias) for those who want to stick out from the crowd.

And Twiz... he makes CABLES!

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

FreeBass ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2021 at 4:18 PM

BTW: Mask's stuff isn't gone, is just in hiding. Google Mascara Del Poser > click Blog @ the bottom left > then DL Page near the bottom right (NOT Mirror DL). Sadly it hasn't been updated in some time, but there's the odd link in the blog itself to items not on the DL page/ before they get posted to the DLs.

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2021 at 9:09 AM

Thanks, FreeBass.  Your stuff is great for the more out there models, for sure.  As for too many LPs, I don't think there is such a thing.  :D 

I wish someone would make a good - as in accurate to Mask's standards - Telecaster.  None of the available ones make the cut, IMO.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2021 at 10:16 AM

You know, Mask did have some other guitars on there but they fell off as new ones arrived.  There was an Explorer, a Zemaitis and even the Roland GR something or other synth controller.  

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2021 at 11:37 AM · edited Fri, 26 November 2021 at 11:41 AM

Can you texture one of the guitars to look like this? lol

Happy Weekend!

ZoxWaB6nb1uUatJWUJXs1bjlDAYdlxDYivUHRiuE.jpg

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2021 at 3:10 PM

Does it use a Fishman pickup?

I'll see myself out.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.