Tue, Apr 23, 1:52 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 2:45 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Favorites tab always empty

EVargas ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2021 at 9:49 AM · edited Sun, 07 April 2024 at 5:17 AM

I noticed it some days ago, my favorites tab is forever empty, I cannot find the previous added favorites and newly added do not appear also. I'm using Poser 12, any thoughts?

qNI6M0jlzpHZT4nj5puM3FktRUevN1WITq1cksmr.PNG

Store | Website

"Art exists so that reality does not destroy us" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2021 at 12:19 PM

Actually, the favorites are stored in Poser12's runtime: runtime:libraries:collections

Are you sure, depending on how you installed your poser, that you have write access to this folder?

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

EVargas ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2021 at 1:24 PM

Poser12's runtime: runtime:libraries:collections really has my favorites, thanks for pointing out. For some reason it does not appear inside the program. I tried reseting to factory scene, memory dots, refresh the favorites tab, none worked.

I cannot recall a specific point in time / procedure made because I actually don't use the favs very often.

Store | Website

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2021 at 1:46 PM · edited Mon, 27 September 2021 at 1:46 PM

Even if you refresh the whole window?

ySQKx9I1asHBPCWatNfgB0JXG9OwKwNuqDSuLbek.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2021 at 2:07 PM

You are placing your favorites within a folder as Y-Phil has demonstrated in the above post, right?  If that is not the case, the Poser Library will not pick it up.

EVargas ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2021 at 5:05 PM · edited Mon, 27 September 2021 at 5:06 PM

Thank you for the suggestions, refreshing was not helping. There was no folder in my case, mine was as default, never changed just "Poser 12 Content\Runtime\Libraries\Collections".

But then I did as @hborre suggested, created a new folder and put inside, and it now recognizes ok! I can even put it back to root and it works as before (see image)... as if nothing happened. The subfolder seems to be optional here if I have the breadcrumbs on (and click on it). Strange is that I don't recall using breadcrumbs before...

Have no clue why it is the case but good to know this workaround solved, thank you all!

medCoovAnuyhsLXankbkjaWVtckHam7xaOJ1cyxh.PNG

Store | Website

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2021 at 4:47 PM

Just in case you didn't know about it, I have found a tool that lets you create SymLinks in Poser's Collections folder precisely, as Windows' standard shortcuts to folders isn't recognized by Poser.

6YYNnPsjOGj7nORsawpczPUupEeKobwfG0B6UWlp.png

>>> https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

PhYl.

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2021 at 7:59 AM

Hi Y-Phil, thank you for sharing the info, that tool looks good and it has active development which is usually a good thing.

Store | Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.