Wed, Apr 17, 8:03 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 - Feature Requests Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

(Last Updated: 2023 Sep 06 11:53 am)

Would you like to tell the Poser 12 Development team something you would like to see added to Poser 12? Or a tool that already exist be improved upon? Tell us here!

PLEASE post a NEW thread for every item. Do not post on an on-going thread/conversation or your request will be missed!

Subject: The Genital Switch

lordpaul ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2021 at 4:22 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 6:38 PM

To Whom It May Concern,

My request is to bring back the Genital Switch so they will stay on for my rendering and animation. I find it an extreme inconvenience to constantly turn it on constantly. Why it was removed I can only assume it must have offended somebody. I consider it a form of censorship. What I do in the privacy of my own home with my computer is my business. Funny, naked Genitals seem to offend somebody! Well I find that your website, marketplace and gallery contains weapons and violence which I find extremely offensive. I thought Renderosity and Poser was meant to be an outlet for artists to express themselves. I’ve been a poser user for over 30 years and I’ve spend thousands and thousands of dollars on content from your website on others just look at my profile. I have not upgraded to the new poser nor will I until that feature is brought back. That’s not a threat just my feelings as a longtime Poser user. Thanks for listening.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2021 at 5:33 PM
Forum Moderator

It wasn't removed because it offended people, it was removed because it was obsolete. Most current figures don't use it. They either have genitals or they don't any have an add-on.

There is this script https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/83353/poser-11---deprecated-functions but it was for poser 11 where the switch was originally removed. I don't know if it will work in poser 12

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2021 at 5:49 PM
Forum Moderator

YOu can read more about it here https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2937989/a-tail-of-woe-pun-very-much-intended?page=1. There's a fix on page 2 that works for poser 12 and an explanation on page 4

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

lordpaul ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2021 at 9:55 PM

Thanks for your reply, and no the script doesn't work.  Just because Rendo wants to change - improve Poser they shouldn't remove features that worked unless it interferes with other important features or is extremely expensive to maintain.  Do they have enough user base to discard old users??   

I have over 100GB of runtime files and yes I don't use all of them.  But I invested lots of time in creating faces for custom figures.  And yes using old Poser figures like James, Jess, M4, V4 Etc. and the switch worked for them. I had an exchange with support when it was removed and yes it's still accessed in properties but with difficulty and frustration and it goes away constantly.  This thread is asking for REQUESTED features so this is my request!!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2021 at 7:51 AM
Forum Moderator

You can still turn on the genitals,

open the Python Shell window (found in the scripts menu) and type:

poser.ProcessCommand(1370) to turn it off, just repeat the process.

V4 and M4 don't use alternate hips. For Daz, that stopped with Gen 2. For Poser, that stopped with the Poser 6 figures, Jessi and James. The figures can still be used in Poser and there is an option for older users to access the obsolete functions.

You may request what you feel is needed. I'm trying to help you out until the request is implemented, if it is.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2021 at 10:29 AM · edited Thu, 23 September 2021 at 10:30 AM
Forum Moderator

You can turn it on the the Poser.ini file. It's located in:

%appdata%\Poser\12\

Open with a text editor DO NOT USE WORD

Look for: GENITALS_ON 0

and change to: GENITALS_ON 1

This will permanently turn the genitals on for the legacy figures that support it.

----OR---

You can turn it on for one figure by showing the hidden parameters ...

Unfortunately, the Genitalia switch on the figures menu will never return, at least not in it's previous form. The geometry substitution method it uses wrecks any weight mapped figure. Any figure made in the past 15 years is incompatible. Also the switch was all or nothing. You can't turn it on for just one figure. By changing the setting in the figure you can have it on for one figure and off for another. Any new system would be incompatible with legacy figures any way.

NOTE: if you change it with the figure's parameters the setting will revert to the setting in your Poser.ini when you save and reload the scene. (See, it was a bad idea in the first place.) If you save a pose for each figure, that will remember the setting. Making the figures NOT respond to the setting in Poser.INI requires reworking the figure. If somebody wants to undertake the task of re-wiring the dependencies in the legacy figures I'll be glad to point to the bits that need changing.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2021 at 6:36 AM · edited Mon, 11 October 2021 at 6:37 AM

I'm curious whether Geometry Switching tech is going to be removed from Poser code? 

Geometry Switching is still very useful in mechanical/robot and doll type figures that do not utilize welding of body part groups; non unimesh, and not weight mapped.

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2021 at 5:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Absolutely not. Geometry switching is important to many other functions. Geometry switch is not going anywhere. The way it works on new figures needs to be rethought as it already doesn't work with Poser unimesh figures.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2021 at 8:37 PM
nerd posted at 5:02 PM Sun, 28 November 2021 - #4431000

Absolutely not. Geometry switching is important to many other functions. Geometry switch is not going anywhere. The way it works on new figures needs to be rethought as it already doesn't work with Poser unimesh figures.

Thanks for the clarification on that, it's good news.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.