Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Moderators: Digitell, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2021 Oct 28 12:22 pm)

Subject: Thigh Pokethrough in Stockings

LLSmoothJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 2:53 AM · edited Wed, 27 October 2021 at 10:17 AM

I'm trying to rig a stocking figure for use for V4. Everything seems to work well except for one issue...1.PNG

There seems to be pokethroughs in the inner thigh area regardless if I magnetize the object, something that doesn't seem to happen on the stocking figure I based it from. Please advise.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:02 AM

Do you know how to use the dependency editor and post tranform morphs? The reason I ask is you might want to create some fix post transform morphs (JCMs) with the morph brush, or Zbrush, or any other method that creates post transform morphs (Poser Morph Loader) that are linked via dependencies to the problematic rotations. If you know how to do the things I mentioned above those clipping/pokethroughs I'm seeing in your image look not too difficult to fix.

Actually, looking at the image provided, it's entirely possible that a manually dialed pre transform fix morph would serve as well... That is if this is strictly for your own use and not intended for distribution.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:19 AM

http://www.posersoftware.com/documentation/12/Poser_Reference_Manual/Tools/Modifying/Creating_Morphs_with_the_Morphing_Tool.htm

http://www.posersoftware.com/documentation/12/Poser_Reference_Manual/Tools/Modifying/Converting_to_Pre-Transform_or_Post-Transform_Morphs.htm

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:47 AM

"something that doesn't seem to happen on the stocking figure I based it from. Please advise."

Going out on a limb here but if you've based this from a rig from another conformer rather than V4 dev rig there's a good chance that the JCMs that are present in the reference conformer are not present in your rig, or something along those lines. It could be any number of things as V4 has a ton of magnets and who knows what else is in your reference conformer. Conforming clothing isn't really a focus of interest of mine so if it were me facing this problem I would have built off of a blank v4 cr2 and created fix jcms to address various issues. Then there would be the various morphs to copy over to the garment also. Maybe someone who has a more in depth knowledge of creating conformers for V4 will chime in. The solution may be even more straight forward than my guess work.

LLSmoothJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 9:10 AM

Thanks. I've tried both another conformer and the V4 dev and the results are the same. As for dependency editor and post tranform morphs, never even heard of them until now.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 1:37 PM

Is it planned as a freebie? Is that the only clipping it's having? What version of Poser are you using?

LLSmoothJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 1:48 PM

It's more of a personal project for me. So far the inner thighs are the only clipping. And I'm using Poser 12.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 2:50 PM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 2:55 PM

Ok. There's no bends there.

Pose your figure to where the clipping is showing, or leave everything in the zero pose if the clipping is happening at zero pose.

Select the boots thigh actor.

Open the morphing tool.

In the drop down arrow select create new. Check pre transform in the naming pop up.

Use the tighten fit or pull brush to fix the clipping.

Close the morphing tool.

Dial in the fix to taste.

Just a heads up, I use Blender or mudbox for this stuff so learning how to use the morph tool is probably something you'll need to come to terms with unless you do it in some other software of your choice. There's the manual and just experimenting with it. It's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it.

LLSmoothJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 2:59 PM

Okay, thank you.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 3:00 PM

You'll probably want to use a wide radius and low strength for the fix, and maybe accumulate, so that it isn't too janky. I'm not at Poser at the moment so this is just off the top of my head, experiment.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 3:00 PM

NP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.