Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Looking for a Superfly expert to make the Enterprise E look good

VanishingPoint opened this issue on Aug 30, 2021 ยท 8 posts

VanishingPoint posted Mon, 30 August 2021 at 2:55 PM

I recently got permission from Marc Bell to convert his Enterprise E model to Poser format. Turning it into a Poser figure file was easy, but I'm looking for a Superfly expert to make it look good.

All of the materials have these maps: texture, specular, normal, displacement, and metalness. I'll leave it to you to figure out how they should be applied to the model.
The materials are named the same as the maps except for the lighted materials, so attaching the maps should be fairly easy.

Send me a site mail if you're interested and I'll tell you how to download the Poser model and the maps.
This will be offered as a free model after Marc uploads it to his Dropbox folder, but I'll give you a little something for your work- either some free products or a Renderosity gift card.
So the first person to send me a good Superfly version will get the reward. 😄

And please, I'd prefer someone who has some previous experience with Superfly rather than someone who's just looking to give this a try.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Boni posted Mon, 30 August 2021 at 4:21 PM

I've been working with Superfly since early P11. I have a set of PhysicalSurface root node settings in free stuff. I can certainly work on it. I'm NOT the guru, but I do have experience.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

infinity10 posted Mon, 30 August 2021 at 11:48 PM

Looks like the nodes will work with PBR root node as well.

Eternal Hobbyist

parkdalegardener posted Tue, 31 August 2021 at 5:33 AM

Those are the Metal-Roughness type of PBR maps. Look in the material tab of your library and scroll down to SuperFly Tileable. You will find a template to attach your maps under !Guide. Just hook up the maps as shown in the template including your lighting maps. Instruction for each map are explained in the template. If the maps are good it takes absolutely no effort or knowledge. Just plug and play.

VanishingPoint posted Tue, 31 August 2021 at 3:56 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I knew I saw that !Guide file before, but I couldn't remember where it was. 😄

I give these a try and see what happens.

parkdalegardener posted Tue, 31 August 2021 at 6:54 PM

No problems. If you still need someone I'll do it for you.

ghostship2 posted Wed, 01 September 2021 at 7:16 PM

I did this in P11 with my Cycles super shader but it could be done in P12 with PBSDF node. The bridge model is self illuminated: All the panels are lit and the ceiling is illuminated like on the TV show. There are no Poser lights in this scene. Same with my Red Car image. Enterprise bridge.jpg

Poser Car Spash.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

VanishingPoint posted Mon, 06 September 2021 at 4:14 PM

@ghostship2 Those are great images!

I'm working with an artist named NobbyC on the Enterprise E, but I may need some help creating Superfly materials for my interior sets. 😄