Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Moderators: Digitell, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2021 Oct 27 4:03 pm)

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2021 at 2:08 PM · edited Thu, 28 October 2021 at 11:43 AM

I'm curious if people still buy character/texture sets for V4/M4, maybe asking forum regulars isn't the right demographic to ask this question of. I imagine there are a lot of lurkers who do not post. Also, are there many vendors making stuff, again character sets, specifically for those figures? I know people still probably buy clothing items and such for those figures, I do, but maybe the character set market has dried up? Just curious.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 4:41 PM

Penguinisto posted at 4:40PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424541

primorge posted at 3:52PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424191

"The few remaining Poser users will not make so much traffic that such a thing would be unaffordable."

It's shocking how many people have left.

Some just lurk. On occasion. When the mood strikes. Or when it's time to dredge through the Freebies section. You know, stuff like that.

As for the Sasha thingy? Sadly, Wayback Machine came up dry as well. I promise I'm not snarking (because I still find myself on the lookout for stray NearMe stuff online - Niseisya actually still makes stuff for it on Pixiv (look up the site Pixiv, then the name, just don't check the R-18 option unless you want to see some stuff that will definitely make you recoil in disgust. On the other hand, you find gems like MNE in there - just look for "MNE dormant" , though he's definitely not been dormant.)

Anyrate, as you were...

I'm a member at pixiv. I'm fond of vroid and Japanese Poser figures and freebies myself.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 4:43 PM · edited Wed, 04 August 2021 at 4:52 PM

MNE s'okay. My sera morph and jcm set will make his sera set obsolete though ;)

Edit; by tenfold

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 4:55 PM

Not that Sera isn't obsolete though lol. I love obsolete figures.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 5:04 PM

Me too. Even at the hobbyist level, a little sub-D and some asset conversions, and it's like you have a whole other figure.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 5:38 PM

Mightily resisting the urge to go on a long protracted tangent about Poser figures, something l love to do but sadly very little reciprocation here, I tend to go on and I get the impression it rubs folks here the wrong way. Actual fact is I spend too much time talking here that's time I'm wasting when I should be working on my projects. But I will say that I appreciate your interest in such things Penguinisto, I've noticed over time, especially since you're (AFAIK) now a DS user and there's that one size fits all thing they have. But yeah I like the "Island of Misfit Poser Figures" thing that exists, I sink alot of time into that as a collector and "modder" I guess you could say. Eventually want to get back to making my own figures though, in a strange way it's easier.

Anyway, since you like some of that Japanese stuff keep a look out for "Sera's Secret" which I'll be releasing as a freebie eventually, probably not overly long, I've been juggling a lot of projects though. It has some adults only feature's, but much more besides that, so not sure if I can host it here. Definitely not ShareCG, blech. I will announce it in the freebies section though. I think you might appreciate the sheer oddity and obsessiveness of the thing. I'll probably release it under this name. Ditto with some Antonia "things".

See. I went on again lol.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2021 at 12:00 PM

Hah!

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 8:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 August 2021 at 8:41 PM

Hopefully I can still post my thoughts here: I still have V4/M4 products on my wishlist here and over on DAZ that I will buy eventually. Yes, I am still using Poser 11 and will use Poser 12 as soon as it goes on sale. Right now DAZ is having a great sale, and I am buying items cheap that are normally like $20. But I do love Renderosity Items. I have about 662 items on my Rendo wishlist. Mostly M4/V4 with I think a few non-figure props. Over at DAZ I have 400 on my wishlist. I do like to use DS Studio, but since I am just almost starting (as opposed to barely starting) it's just not as fun as Poser. I started with Poser 4. Also looking forward to working with La Femme and Le Homme...

Eddy

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 7:02 AM

primorge posted at 6:52AM Mon, 23 August 2021 - #4424042

This is merely speculation but Karina hasn't been around for a while. Maybe doing an Anton Kiesel... but AFAIK you can still find Apollo. Seems weird that the site is still up so maybe an exit stage left in preparation for an update.

I hope they are OK. One can find Apollo because it's on my Google Drive. I could put up Sasha16, but I only have the 2017 edition; I missed the 2019 window. I recall trying to download it but the link was dead.

There is some discussion of .cr2s; DAZ' EULA does allow some IP redistribution if the original product is required, and Karina does discuss this in the documentation; viz;

"The base mesh of V4, the Morphs++ package, and all the other morphs are owned by Daz3D, thus I can't distribute them. You need to own these items in order to make SASHA work! "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"

"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 7:40 AM · edited Mon, 23 August 2021 at 7:44 AM

I guess I waited too long to edit my post; I looked up the original Sasha-16 ShareCG download page from the Wayback machine, and it's "unrestricted use": 😄

https://web.archive.org/web/20170907154224/http://www.sharecg.com/v/88918/gallery/11/Poser/SASHA-16-The-Ultimate-V4-for-POSER

Here is the download for the 2017 version of Sasha-16, as well as a few JoePublic weightmapped figures (the latter are RTencoded)...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXbUVlV1NrYUY0Qzg?resourcekey=0-QEwhLND1LUIGHTdpvfUI_Q&usp=sharing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"

"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 10:19 AM

WandW posted at 10:16AM Mon, 23 August 2021 - #4425863

I hope they are OK. One can find Apollo because it's on my Google Drive. I could put up Sasha16, but I only have the 2017 edition; I missed the 2019 window. I recall trying to download it but the link was dead.

I just found the original "SASHA-16(2019Edition).zip" downloaded 06/2019, on my backup drive. PM me if you want a copy.

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 6:35 PM

@all

WandW made my copy available for download via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXbUVlV1NrYUY0Qzg?resourcekey=0-QEwhLND1LUIGHTdpvfUI_Q&usp=sharing

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2021 at 12:26 AM

Thanx both of you

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.