Forum: Character Creators

Subject: (Hopefully) Realistic Texture/Shader Set WIP for La Femme

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Jun 20, 2021 ยท 4 posts

Iuvenis_Scriptor posted Sun, 20 June 2021 at 11:07 AM

After a few days of tinkering, I decided that this test render (my first published Poser 12 render) was good enough to share, in hopes of getting some useful feedback, particularly regarding photo-realism. This is the foundation for what I'm hoping to develop into a sellable product. It will apply the main selling point of my already available product, Calista for G8F, to La Femme. Namely, it will allow many material settings (e.g. skin tone, eye color, etc) to be controlled via parameter dials rather than fixed presets. For now, though, I'm focused on refining the base texture/shader set. I'm working with a photo-based merchant resource, and a major thrust is manipulating the source maps in Photoshop to achieve maximal separation of color, bump, and specular information. When dealing with photo-based textures, all three are inevitably baked together in the same map, yet surfaces will react more realistically to light if this cross-contamination can be minimized.

Anyway, below is a sample of where I am currently. I have a few aspects of my own that I suspect merit further tweaking, but I'm also interested in the critiques and/or recommendations of others, so if you have any thoughts on the following, please don't hesitate to share them, whether they be positive or constructively critical.

Raw Render:

FemmeTest.jpg

Post-Worked to Emulate a More Dynamic (and Thus Realistic) "Filmic" Color Space:

FemmeTestTM3.jpg

Thanks in advance for your feedback!