Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Alligator materials crash Poser 12?

VedaDalsette opened this issue on Apr 08, 2021 ยท 28 posts

VedaDalsette posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 10:35 AM

Poser 12.0.471, GeForce GTX1050ti, 32GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz

I was using Poser 12 fine yesterday. No problems. Today I found one.

I loaded the Included/Animals/Reptiles/Alligator. When I tried to look at it in the Materials Room, P12 crashed. When I restarted and loaded it again, I tried to render. Crash. Same with GPU render and CPU render.

I loaded the P11 alligator in P12. Same results.

I checked the Included alligator CR2 to make sure the textures were where they should be. They were.

I imported the Included alligator object file. It didn't crash when I went into the Materials Room, but I couldn't see the object using any Display Type. I changed the skin to red and was able to render it.

Next, I opened P11 and loaded the P11 alligator. No problems with looking at the mats and with rendering.

I'm restarting P12 with factory defaults in document and interface.

I graduated next to Included/Hivewire3D/Dawn. She was fine. Then I added Included Robots/Helix. She was also fine. Next, I added Included/Sea Life/Angelfish. These all were fine. Able to view mats and render (both CPU and GPU) without crashing. I went next for Included/Animals/Reptiles/Snake. Everything was working fine, so I loaded Included alligator to the scene and went into the Materials Room. CRASH.

Alligators really are scary.

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.
All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."