Welcome to the Where can I find? Forum

Forum Moderators: jennblake, ShaniaB

Where can I find? F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2022 Nov 29 9:33 am)

Subject: Would some one please verify the version number for Poser Pro 2014 SR5?

contedesfees ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2020 at 10:40 PM · edited Sun, 20 November 2022 at 12:59 AM

I have at last re-installed Poser Pro 2014 after a terrible and costly PC crash. I may have it as it should be, but I would like to verify that SR5 is indeed installed. The version number displayed when I click About Poser is 10.0.5.28925. Can some one please verify that that is the correct version number for SR5. (My very fallible memory tells me it is not.) Thanks to one and all.

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2020 at 2:08 AM

SR5.2 = 10.0.5.28925.

SR5.3 = 10.0.5.30556.

contedesfees ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2020 at 8:50 AM

@ HartyBart, Thanks, you've come to the rescue once more. It is appreciated. Compliments of the season and stay safe until it's over. Cheers.

pv ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 7:02 AM

Sorry to necro, but since you accomplished what I'm trying to do...

Is there a place to download poser 2014? I'm considering a reinstall on a new computer (not sure if I want to upgrade to 2014 yet), and I can't seem to find anything other than third-party links to the old download manager, which makes me nervous. Smith Micro was no help, they seem to have removed all their support information for any of their older products.

contedesfees ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 9:19 AM

Please be aware, pv, that Renderosity bought Poser from Smith Micro quite some time ago. Renderosity now sells the software and Smith Micro has washed their hands of it. More over, the early versions of Poser are no longer available whether for purchase or download. As things stand now at Renderosity, I believe you can upgrade to Poser 11 if you have your Poser Pro 2014 serial number or you can buy Poser 12. Please search in the store at Renderosity or contact their sales department for complete details.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2022 at 11:14 AM

Also, be aware, that Poser Pro 2014 will have issues showing its Library if it remains docked to the main UI.  ATM, Poser 11 can be purchased for $52 USD, a bargain if you are looking to upgrade.  And if you are interested in upgrading to P12, you would qualify for a upgrade discounted price.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.