Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: I give up on Poser. Officially.

karibousboutique opened this issue on Sep 21, 2019 ยท 44 posts

karibousboutique posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 1:16 PM

I have hated Poser 11 since the day I bought it and almost immediately went back to using Pro 2014 (game dev. version.) Since Bondware now owns Poser and the SM license servers are no longer working, I apparently can't use the only version of Poser I actually still care about. When I try to open PPro2014, it says the grace period for activating the software is past, and when I enter the S/N, it says I have exceeded my maximum activations. I honestly haven't used the software for over a year and now it seems like I never will again.

By the way, I did download the Poser 11.2 update, which now allows me to open Poser 11 (which I still hate) -- but all that did was break Reality. I now get a mainWacros error: "An errror occurred importing addon Reality : ERROR: need more than 3 values to unpack." Yes, I did reinstall Reality in an attempt to fix the problem. No, it didn't work.

Super frustrating when programs "improve" their way into obsolescence. This feels very much not-worth-my-time to screw around with.

Intel Core i7-8700 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo), 32GB RAM, two GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs

DS 4.10, Photoshop CC and CS6, Poser 11 Pro, Vue 2016, CarraraPro 64bit, Autodesk Inventor, Mudbox, and 3DS Max

One in 68 children is diagnosed with autism.  One is mine.