Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Grainy Eyes in High-Quality SuperFly Renders

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Jul 09, 2016 ยท 24 posts

Iuvenis_Scriptor posted Sat, 09 July 2016 at 8:34 PM

I've had Poser 11 Pro for a while now, but it's only in the last month or so that I finally decided to update my shaders for SuperFly and acclimate myself to the new engine. Aside from the speed (a High Quality portrait took almost two days), I'm quite pleased with the results, and I'm starting to experiment with different render settings to see if I can find that balance between speed and quality.

I would like some advice on rendering eyes. Even at High Quality Sub Surface, my Genesis characters' eyes still look slightly grainy. The eyes have SSS via a Custom_Scatter node, Blinn specularity overall (at 0.5 reflectivity), and Fresnel reflection in the pupils. Sphere props are then fitted to them with a corneal bulge morph and a material consisting of just Fresnel reflection/refraction. I'm also using just three area lights.

Asiatica.jpg

I'm particularly curious about these light specks I keep getting in the irises and why, when caustics are enabled, each entire eye becomes much darker than it should be. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!