Forum: Carrara

Subject: BEFORE you install Daz4.9 and DazConnect

tsarist opened this issue on Jan 22, 2016 ยท 42 posts

tsarist posted Fri, 22 January 2016 at 8:50 PM

A member alerted me to some somewhat disturbing new developments with the new Daz Connect offered with Daz 4.9

So BEFORE you install this new Daz product, please read these FAQs from Daz because if you "update" some things might not work. Plus, going forward, any Daz Connect items won't work with Carrara.

Does this mean Daz will be dropping support for Carrara or will this be a feature offered in C9 ?

Can I use products installed through Daz Connect with other software?

Products installed through Daz Install Manager keep their previous functionality. Products updated to Daz Connect will not function with Carrara or the DSON Importer for Poser due to an inability to interface with Daz Connect web services, but all bridges (e.g. ZBrush, Bryce, Hexagon) and exporters continue to function as they have.

Products that are available in zip format or through Daz Install Manager will remain available.

What happens to my Bryce and Carrara content?

Products created for Bryce and/or Carrara can still be purchased through the website and installed through Daz Install Manager. Bryce maintains the ability to use Daz Studio content through the Bryce bridge. Carrara cannot currently consume encrypted files installed using Daz Connect. Your options for Carrara are to either export FBX or OBJs out of Daz Studio or use unencrypted versions of your content downloaded and installed through Daz Install Manager.