Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: Dynamic Clothes WIPs for La Femme 2

odf opened this issue on Dec 02, 2023 ยท 235 posts

odf posted Sat, 30 December 2023 at 12:11 AM

Folks, I'd like to run something by you: given that I've achieved workable dynamic tights and knee socks for LF2, and that dynamic socks that go higher than the knee seem to be really tricky - Antonia's needed a special conforming figure to collide with instead of the toes - I'm considering releasing a pair of tights with additional material zones so that thigh-highs can be obtained by just making some of those zones invisible. The question then is, as usual, how many zones. More provide extra flexibility, but also require a bit more work when juggling material settings. I'm thinking something like in this image might make sense: 

Each color here represents a separate zone, and each connected region that's left white in between is of course also its own zone, so we'd have ten in total. Red, green and blue make cuffs for various sock lengths, so in this case three different lengths would be supported. More zones could always be added, but since the tights have a very regular square grid (except for the toes and heels), that should also be fairly easy to do in the Poser group editor. On the flip side, the green and/or blue zone could be left out, making for easier handling out of the box.

Thoughts?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.