Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: LA Femme 2 NOW AVAILABLE

JacquelineJ opened this issue on Sep 27, 2023 ยท 239 posts

unrealblue posted Sun, 08 October 2023 at 5:05 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 7:32 AM Wed, 4 October 2023 - #4475816

Thoennes, you're making me blush - though I don't take credit for most of what you're hyping there, all that easy clothing fitting is on the dev team for the improvements in P13 :D They've done a great job with that, I've been loving it too. And also Nerd3d for a lot of rigging magic and cleanup that makes LF2 easier to use!

Can't wait to see what else you come up with for LF2!

Credit where it's due ^.^  I'm using Poser 12.  I'm not able to get as good of renders on P13.  And they're not nearly as fast.  Excellent rigging can only go so far to make up for a lack of mesh, but bad rigging can certainly destroy a good mesh.  Excellent rigging can do wonders with an excellent mesh.  props to *all* the craftspeople :)

The render issue It's likely because I'm not setting things correctly.  The render engine changed consequently on mac.  It's not the hardware.  I have an insanely powerful mac (18 Xeon cores, 128GB RAM, ATI Radeon Pro Vega 64).  Apple does not use Nvidia and that's the current graphics darling of the non-Apple PC world.  So I'm the redheaded love child at the family reunion.  Maybe when Ghostship releases a bunch more render settings :D

I sure wish Poser had a way to import HD morphs.  I would sculpt *such* details ^.^

I haven't tried any of the auto tools for porting clothing.  But so far my experience with manual processes is that LF is so drama free that good automatic tools (scripts) are a distinct possibility.  The hair fit tool just plain works.  Saves heaps of time.