Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Man, that V4 is good. But what next...?

ReggieKowalski opened this issue on Aug 15, 2023 ยท 20 posts

Y-Phil posted Fri, 18 August 2023 at 5:57 AM

randym77 posted at 2:11 PM Thu, 17 August 2023 - #4472791

I actually find it a lot harder to convert content to new figures than to use the weightmapped versions of older ones.

Of course, that's because other people have created the weightmapped versions for me. But once you have those installed, adjusting clothing is easy. I just copy joint zones. The results, IME, are much better than converting clothing to other figures. Morphs and textures don't need to be converted.

If I had more skills, it might be different, but as it is...converting clothing really doesn't work well for me. Even with helpers like Wardrobe Wizard or Crossdresser, the results generally don't look that great.

And converting textures is a huge headache. With a weightmapped  version of an older figure, you can still use all the characters created for the older figure. Those can't easily be converted to a new figure.

I continue to buy textures for my Sasha character's clothes. Most of the time, I'm using the sold Pose/Material settings for those clothes and then I add one of my saved setups. 

Example with a top:

The lower part's material looks like this:

On the left, the orignal node names hidden because i's a sold product, on the right the setup I keep for most classic clothes
Note that these are compound nodes are based on Ghostship's excellent products, giving great results, plus a few more nodes, for example to add some transparencies (such as laces)

And once you know where the textures are lying, there's no need for automatic stuff, because, by the way, it makes you want to "try something else" 

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13