Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

shvrdavid posted Fri, 28 July 2023 at 12:47 AM

What many people don't seem to understand is that a base figure is always a tradeoff. And nothing more.

Do you want a low poly one? Then use a low poly one. Poser includes a few.

Do you want one that bends very well? Well, you could do that with Pauline Advance, if you bought it when she was still for sale.

Personally I don't think many figures bend that good. She could bend into any position you felt like putting her in. very well.....

Do you want a figure people made tons of content for? Well, Pauline is obviously not your go to figure then, is she?

Pauline Advance worked fine for a very twistable figure. It wasn't even that hard to convert clothes to her.

Many did not buy it, even after claiming they wanted a figure that bent that good and could be tied into a knot.

Bending good is not the end all to a Poser figure. Neither is topology, etc, etc...

What makes a figure the best for the scene, is one that fits what your trying to actually achieve. And nothing more.

Pauline Advance was based on what people stated they wanted out of a weight mapped figure in Poser.

Hundreds of people had input into what they wanted done to her.... hundreds, and it was all in a public forum....

And guess what, people found issue in it that never mentioned anything about Pauline, and it is Pauline with different rigging and a base morph set.

The vast majority of the people that did find issue with it, never even had it.....

I have been involved with basically every Poser figure that came with Poser since Poser 9 in some way. Large or small. Done multiple rerigs, and have been involved with many, many other Poser figures as well.

I made hundreds of game characters, some times as many as 7 or 8 different versions of the same figure for z swapping.

I would never claim that a Poser or a game figure has to have a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i...z... Because that is complete bullshit.....

It only has to do, what it needs it to do, in that scene. You can never do it all with one figure, unless you do all the work on it to fit your needs, yourself.

Poser has hundreds if not thousand of figures that were made for it, for that very reason.... People made them to fit their needs, not yours, not mine.

Instead of complaining about figures, try supporting them and making them better with support for a change.

And if your a self proclaimed expert in figures? Where are the ones you released? And how many?

That's what I thought.... Not a single ground up figure from the vast majority of the "experts".....

The most that many of the experts can claim, is a simple re-rig that had little thought into limb length and shape when bent...

Who cares if it bends "self proclaimed expert perfectly" and the limb is to long when bent......

Who cares if the bends are "self proclaimed expert perfectly smooth", and it is murder to rig clothes for....

Who cares if it bends "self proclaimed expert perfectly smooth", but no one actually bends like that, so..............

Who really cares how it bends in a program that anyone can make correction morphs in a matter of seconds....

Who cares what someone wants, when that someone wont ever support the figure anyway.............. 

I will tell you who....

People that do nothing but cut up everything others do, while doing nothing to make it any better....

The same ones, that don't support Poser figures.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->