Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What you know now that you did not know then?

RedPhantom opened this issue on May 01, 2023 ยท 47 posts

shvrdavid posted Sun, 23 July 2023 at 3:05 PM

What I never realized when getting into Poser....

Well, that I would still be doing it all these years later.

That so many of the people I met and got to know so well, would pass on. Either to other hobbies, or another life.

That I would learn so much about the program and get so involved with it in many different ways.

That multiple gigabytes isn't enough space.... Terabytes are questionable now too....

On the flip side, I never thought that the community would get ripped to shreds like it has.

How many remember the days of clicking on the links on a site to go to the next Poser site? There were hundreds it not thousands of them.

There were so many people helping other people make content, learn Poser etc. Giving freely without bias or hatred.

And now for the most part, it has shrunk into a small handful of sites. 

What happened to the passion, the people that contributed so much, etc?

Well, let me tell you what actually happened to it.... And it might not be what you first think....

Some people thrive to trash everything they see as not good enough, while contributing nothing to Poser other than there disgust and hatred. For Poser, the people trying to make it better with content, help, tutorials, etc...

And worse yet, it is once again welcomed into the forums and community that it has basically already destroyed....

That is what happened, which may sound trivial, but it is not and has had a drastic negative impact.... This is what kills forum communities.

To those that have helped others and given freely to others for years. I thank and commend you for everything you have done for it.

For those that do nothing but complain and bash the crap out of everything.... Well, they can just pass on...

But they wont, because some forums still welcome the things that will destroy it, into it with open arms....

I ran very successful forums for years, some not so successful. And I know what kills them... There is a blatantly obvious difference...

None of the successful ones put up with destruction from within.... None of them....  

I see that destruction allowed here again. And that worries me.

Yes you can start the free speech argument. But that doesn't apply in a forum, and it never did either...

There is a TOS which nullifies that, at every forum. Every member has to agree to it to join. And it can be changed at any time the forum sees fit.

I started running and moderating forums when they were still run under the BBS systems.... (Yes I am showing may age here.)

But after seeing and realizing the real reason they fail, what is allowed to happen at forums baffles me.....

People tend to go to places they are treated with respect, among friends, etc. It is a personal kind of thing. Because they have a choice not to be treated like shit.

When others that disrupt that are welcomed into the same place with open arms, you will loose the people that were there to contribute...

Sound familiar when you look around to see how is actually left here? This thread is a perfect example of the small group of people left that contribute.

A small group of people that contribute and stuck it out. 

But, there is another group in the forum as well...... And the other group that is still welcomed, to finish the rest of us off....

How long will the rest of the good people here stick around with those that are never happy about anything and bash everything?

The number of people that left, is huge, to say the least....

Personally, I am done dealing with the fuckheads that think they control what people can contribute. I am done with the fuckheads that judge something they have never seen, don't have, and wont ever buy because they already know everything about it even thou they don't use it and may not even have that version of Poser. These are the same fuckheads that think they are the authority on Poser, and contribute nothing to it other than their hatred, bias, and bullshit. They are same fuckheads that continue to berate everything, including Poser in the Poser owners very own forums...

These are the same fuckheads that have literally destroyed the community. Many did the same things at other forums as well, even succeeded in what they set out to do.

Again, I have no problem with the people that contribute. No problem with the users that ask questions, etc.

But when the same group of fuckheads that are continually allowed to trash things they have never even fucking seen, Poser, etc, repeatedly.

I have to wonder what side the forum team is actually on.

The side that is helping Poser succeed, or the side trying to destroy it....

I am stating this from experience... As in 40+ years of it. Feel free to tell my your opinion on it if anyone believes I am incorrect in this....

Who knows, I could be wrong and there are still thousands of active members contributing here............

If what I have said bothers any of the forum team, feel free to suspend my account just for pointing out the obvious.....

Because it is blatantly obvious....

I made sure not to violate the TOS in any way when making this post.....

Here is a link to the TOS, just in case anyone want to actually read it.... https://www.renderosity.com/wiki/policies/terms-of-service

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->