Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Car Headlights

arrow1 opened this issue on Jun 10, 2023 ยท 12 posts

hborre posted Sun, 11 June 2023 at 8:27 PM

NikKelly posted at 3:39 PM Sun, 11 June 2023 - #4467637

Do the lights have their own material ? If so, can set to glow via super-ambient, dialled beyond 1.000. But, as I understand it, this route is deprecated in favour of setting 'emission' via Cycles. Also, 'super-ambient' seems to have a surface brightness limit. Cycles can be set bright enough to dazzle...

If 'lights' are a small or tiny portion of a mapped texture, you may need to set up a mask...

https://www.deviantart.com/nik-2213/art/Poser-glow-by-Super-Ambient-or-Cycles-Emission-909755263

Are you referring to Super-ambient on the PoserSurface?  I see no such limitation, I can get the same dazzle as with the CyclesSurface node.  But it appears to me that the Emission node has built-in Inverse square that allows for light falloff with distance.  To overcome that you need to add a LightFalloff node especially if you want linear or constant light emission.

In terms of headlights, you need a light source with lightfalloff whether physically emitted or provided by an actual light.  But the OP has not elaborated if it's for firefly or superfly, and it would seem that the intent is to render an animation rather than a still image.