Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What you know now that you did not know then?

RedPhantom opened this issue on May 01, 2023 ยท 47 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 09 May 2023 at 10:24 AM

HartyBart posted at 5:13 AM Tue, 9 May 2023 - #4464770

Yes, that's a good point, SamT. One point I forgot to mention that there are excellent video tutorial series. Those would have been so useful to have, back in the day. I think we had to wait until Poser 2014 for a really good set of video tutorials, and they were expensive to get on a DVD. Before that it was mostly expensive books the size of telephone directories (most of which are now on the Internet Archive). Useful, and still useful, but not as good as well-made videos for most people. The official video set is now free and on YouTube - search "Learning Poser Pro 11".

I purchased most of the expensive books around the time, certainly for Poser Five and Six and if my memory serves me well, a tutorial on DVD for Poser 8.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.