Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What you know now that you did not know then?

RedPhantom opened this issue on May 01, 2023 ยท 47 posts

NikKelly posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 3:48 PM

I fell into Poser (#3 cover-disk) because my 'home design' package could not handle more than un-rigged, minimal-poly, Medieval-ish 3DS 'figures'. 

But, I could export a room and its Medieval-ish props to Poser_4, put those Medieval-ish figures in the background, supplement with posed P3/P4 people 'doing stuff'...

For 'reasons', that home-design package was not re-compiled to 32/64 bit, but replaced by a less 'friendly' package that was not back-compatible...
( IIRC, company 'fell out' with the coding team they'd licensed original '3D Core' from, bought in all-new...)
Ouch...

But, my habit of porting 'fun stuff' from other formats was set. Routes currently available are...
XPS via free XNA Posing Studio => OBJ+MTL props, or rigged .MESH.ASCII, then latter via free Noesis to Poser-compatible FBX.
PMX props via free PMX Editor => OBJ+MTL
PMX rigged via TrueBones ($$) utility to Poser-compatible FBX. Note this v1 (Beta ?) only ports hues, not texture calls, which must be hand-loaded...
SFM VTF textures 
via free Noesis to eg PNG or JPG
SFM MDL models via free Noesis to un-textured OBJ or FBX. Textures must be hand-loaded.

DS props via DSF Tools for low-ish poly or DS' migraine-inducing UI for 'big stuff' to OBJ+MTL.
DS figures to rigged FBX... Um, one, once: Kalea7 as proof of concept, but migraine lasted all next day...
Ouch...