Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1905 posts

hornet3d posted Sat, 08 April 2023 at 4:06 PM

hborre posted at 3:08 PM Sat, 8 April 2023 - #4461346

What you just posted describes an illegal connection that shouldn't be there.  You can connect a Specular node to Alt. Specular but you cannot connect it directly to the Specular channel.  I bet if you check the Material Room, you will see a dotted connector between the two nodes.  A tip, whenever you're connecting nodes, Poser will gray out the connectors of the input node indicating that those are not legal receptors.  You can still connect but don't expect good results.  Always check the preview to insure that calculations are properly done, otherwise, you will get a black preview.

Your right about that and the dotted line but the error was made by the vendor that created the content and I only became aware of the problem because Poser 13 errored out  the GPU render and listed what was the problem.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.