Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Smoothing Problem - Object Imported From Blender

bjbrown opened this issue on Mar 09, 2023 ยท 14 posts

bjbrown posted Thu, 09 March 2023 at 5:42 PM

I've done remove doubles and delete loose geometry.  Multiple times, as I have remade it a few times to see if more subdivisions or holding edges would work.

I was wondering at first if seams could be the issue, but there is only a seam around the edges of the bottom part of the plate where it would touch the door.  The top edge away from the door has the split too, but it doesn't have a seam.

Richard60 posted at 4:46 PM Thu, 9 March 2023 - #4458019

Yars ago on the Smith Micro forum there was a discussion about splitting faces.  Part of the problem is the order in which the faces are read.  The other part has to do with smooth polygons.  Smooth polygons is only meant for figures as in people and animals.  Not for hard surfaces that only bend in one direction.

I was wondering if Poser didn't like the circle in two dimensions and then the hard angle in the third dimension.  Though when I load a cylinder primitive and look at it, it's pretty much the same thing but it doesn't have the problem I'm having.  So I feel like I ought to be able to do the same thing as the cylinder primitive.

I could try beveling those edges a little, but I was trying to avoid using more faces than necessary, especially when they are going to end up being very tiny faces.