Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Feedback on the new Marketplace format

efgnow opened this issue on Feb 13, 2023 ยท 63 posts

3-DArena posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 11:37 AM Online Now!

lauraguo posted at 10:01 AM Tue, 14 February 2023 - #4455895

@3-DArena, @RFreise - Team decision is to open in the same tab. Rationale is that the user can choose to open in a new tab (I use middle mouse click, or right click + open in new tab. There are multiple ways of doing this on desktop and mobile, you can Google those if you want) but, if we force open in a new tab, there's no way the user can force it to open in the same tab. I'm sorry, but that's the decision for now :(

LOL, I'm aware of what to do to open in a new tab.  It's just not as intuitive to have an end user do that when it's just a snippet of code to have it open in new tabs.  It was actually one of the things that made shopping here more intuitive than elsewhere because it was automated.

When the open in new tab was instituted here the rationale was that by doing so one wouldn't be taken away from a main shopping experience (or the Gallery if they clicked the side banners that were shown at that time) in order to look elsewhere.  This became an even better automation when add-ons were finally added to base products because the end user can check out add-ons or other products shown in the MP or on a product page without the need to constantly click back to the original page if they go down a rabbit hole of looking at products.  It's faster to close a tab than to right click > select new tab or to go backwards several times.

It is what it is of course, but it is a lost functionality.

I know how much work it is to do new coding and it is appreciated, just often times when the team developing isn't shopping things get overlooked. (not to say that's the case, just that long time shoppers often use a site in certain ways so they notice things - hence these lists when things change - you're all doing great and honestly it is a vast improvement so Kudos to the team!)

At this point it would seem resolving the purchasing issues and the promo carousel should be top of the list as they affect sales (yes I'm biased LOL). 

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo