Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Feedback on the new Marketplace format

efgnow opened this issue on Feb 13, 2023 ยท 63 posts

torqy posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 10:48 AM

Could you please redirect the old product page URLs that were in the form ".../ViewProduct=productID" so they go to the new URLs that are in the form ".../productID/product-name"?  For example, "www.renderosity.com/marketplace?ViewProduct=154445" used to link to what is now "www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/154445/1949-izh-motorcycle" (a lovely motorcycle with handy sample pics), but now simply redirects to the Marketplace Homepage.

I, probably like other users, have saved thousands of the URLs of my purchased products in a bookmark manager, organized by product type (outfits, props, poses, etc.) as a means of helping find what products I have.  It is an important part of my workflow and purchased product "memory".  If the prior URL format remains broken, a tremendous amount of information is lost (as well as the countless hours spent loading and organizing the bookmarks).  Until someone comes up with a comprehensive Purchased Product Catalog Database/Gallery system, bookmark management is a major means of maintaining a semblance of simple product organization sanity.