Tue, Apr 23, 9:16 PM CDT

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 21 9:14 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Unable To Install Blender In Windows 10!

Georgearaujo ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 1:25 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 8:56 PM

Hello, friends. Hopefully, you are all well. In order to meet a need, I am posting this. Whenever I attempt to install "Blender 3.0" on my Windows 10 PC, it shows an “error opening file for writing” message. I don't know why this is happening or how to fix this issue. I have tried with my best efforts ( like a fresh install, after restarting the PC, disabling the antivirus, etc., the source is here) but failed to identify the issue. Is there anyone who can tell me the way to solve this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 3:43 AM

Sometimes, you'll get the Error opening file for writing messages if your user account lacks certain privileges. The simplest solution for this problem is to install the problematic application as an administrator.

See: https://windowsreport.com/error-opening-file-for-writing/#:~:text=Sometimes%2C%20you'll%20get%20the,problematic%20application%20as%20an%20administrator.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 9:13 AM · edited Thu, 29 September 2022 at 9:16 AM
Forum Moderator

I would follow Robyns advice in case your windows user account is lacking certain privileges another is redownload another Blender installer you might have gotten a corrupt installer which sometimes does happen I have experienced bad installer give me all sorts of error messages over the years  

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 11:02 AM · edited Thu, 29 September 2022 at 11:03 AM

I have a quick question . . . when you say "install", did you download the .MSI version of Blender 3?  I ask because Blender doesn't need to be "installed" as you would do with other software.

I always download the .ZIP file, and just unzip the contents to the location where I want it to be on my Win10 computer.  I'm also on a laptop, rather than a desktop, but don't know if that would make any difference.

Also, the latest version is 3.3.0, and you probably should try that version instead of version 3.0.  Just my 2¢ FWIW.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 5:56 PM

I gave up, which is why I no longer post in the Blender forum.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 9:29 PM
Forum Moderator

EClark1894 posted at 5:56 PM Sun, 30 October 2022 - #4447979

Hello EClark

Not sure I am following why you are no longer posting in the Blender Forum I know we can not answer every possible question but the members here do all try and contribute helpful information when they can I know you have often in the past contributed helpful information here please if there is something wrong or something that I have missed that was not helpful to you directly or in general please do not hesitate to contact me directly I am always available to our Blender forum members 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 4:27 AM
Lobo3433 posted at 9:29 PM Sun, 30 October 2022 - #4447995

Hello EClark

Not sure I am following why you are no longer posting in the Blender Forum I know we can not answer every possible question but the members here do all try and contribute helpful information when they can I know you have often in the past contributed helpful information here please if there is something wrong or something that I have missed that was not helpful to you directly or in general please do not hesitate to contact me directly I am always available to our Blender forum members 

It's not you Lobo. It's all me. I could never get Blender to run properly on my new computer, and  sadly, I currently have other demons to fight  other than Blender.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 8:24 AM
Forum Moderator

EClark1894 posted at 4:27 AM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448014

Lobo3433 posted at 9:29 PM Sun, 30 October 2022 - #4447995

Hello EClark

It's not you Lobo. It's all me. I could never get Blender to run properly on my new computer, and  sadly, I currently have other demons to fight  other than Blender.
Well if oyu decide to come back to Blender and need any set up help just ask Blender 3 did did have some higher requirements than some previous versions. As to other demons I do hope you find solutions if you just ever need to talk again do not hesitate to sitemail me if you like 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.