Forum: Poser 12 - Feature Requests

Subject: Can someone explain to me again the decision not to use I-ray engine.

bwldrd opened this issue on Sep 07, 2022 ยท 11 posts

Y-Phil posted Tue, 11 October 2022 at 12:45 PM

ThunderStone

Using Poser 11, you may have one or two way to render a scene, depending on your system and video card:

With Poser 12, and if you have an Nvidia RTX card, or Turing GPU, you may benefit of Poser 12's new OptiX mode:

Which computes most of the time almost twice as fast as the default GeForce mode, that plus the optimization mode always at disposal:

I had tested a Poser 11 scene: up to nearly four times faster, using Poser 12.
But, there still is some issues, depending on the objects being rendered using OptiX: sometimes, it crashes, and we're all waiting for an update, that will (I hope so!) include something long-awaited: a preview for the Cycles render.

From inside Poser, I've seen only one rendering engine that's faster than OptiX: Octane, but it's another world, with a long list of options to manage, instead of Poser's comfortable Material Room. And Octane is not a lot faster than OptiX, from what I had tested last year.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13