Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Adding Extra Eyes to a figure

Nephanor opened this issue on Aug 18, 2022 ยท 30 posts

primorge posted Sun, 21 August 2022 at 12:40 PM

Jeez. Would love to get my hands on that. I have 1.2.4... haven't used it for anything though. When I set up the EasyPose on my tentacled figure above I used PhilC's ATU scripts. And did geometry switching by hacking the cr2. Now I'm inclined to set up EasyPose manually with the DE... but I can see with a very elaborately rigged figure like the one I showed earlier that EPU would become useful again. Most of the things in EPU can be done via Poser itself now or Netherwork's scripts (I own all of them I think; I won Spawn as a prize at RDNA and bought the rest before they were pulled by Rendo). Unfortunately ATU doesn't work in Poser 11 and PhilC is retired.

ATU would be most useful for Geometry Switching, at least for me, at this point.

You state that the later versions of EPU works with weight mapped figures but I'm sceptical if that would be the case with Switching and weight mapped figures. It's my understanding that Geometry Switching and Weight Mapping are Poser antithetical.

Since I've been lured back to this thread it occurs to me that this statement by Nephanor indicates he's not aware of subtractive difference morphing.

Since I want the ability to open and close the eye, this solution won't be as effective, especially since I want to add 4 eyes.  :D

In the end I may end up taking your idea and just making two morphs, one eye open, one eye closed.

He's under the assumption that having one state or the other would only be possible to avoid morph telescoping, thus not possible to create a blink morph over top the existing socket morph. Or that's how it reads, saying it's not a possibility. This isn't the case as is shown by my animation. It need not be either or but can be a natural blend of the 2 that will work in animation without telescoping. A Blink another words. You just need to know how to do it.

Probably best not to assume the skill level of someone who has been doing this for a long time, or make assumptions that something isn't possible just because you're not aware of the possibility. Hence my negative reaction. I would have been inclined to show him how, but his dismissive attitude indicated otherwise.

Now where was I... oh yeah.