Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Updating Freazypose 0.10 to work in Poser 12

3dcheapskate opened this issue on May 10, 2022 · 27 posts

3dcheapskate posted Wed, 11 May 2022 at 9:21 PM

I now have somebody testing this for me in Poser 12 and as expected they get a 'SyntaxError: invalid syntax' on the print statement

Thanks adp001 and structure. Since I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's only the print statement that needs changing for it to work in Poser 12 I'll avoid f-strings and stick to the Python 2 style that I've currently got.

According to the second Python 3 link in my OP Python 2 doesn’t have a problem with additional parantheses, so if I simply add opening and closing brackets to the two print statements the script will still work in Python 2. And if that's the only change necessary for it to work in Python 3 then it should work in Poser 12 too.

So I'm making that minor change to the script and I'll repost the whole amended script, version 0.11, in a new post below. Not forgetting to add that bizarre superfluous line at the start so that it looks correct on this forum.

It sure would be easier if we could simply attach .PY files.

Note: I've also noticed that posting the script to this forum deletes the final EOL, whether it's CR-LF, just LF, or just CR. So I'll add a comment line at the end - just so that I can post it to this darn forum.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DeviantArt, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.