Fri, Mar 29, 9:11 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 28 8:52 am)

Subject: Crossdresser vs Prefitter-CR2 for La Femme

Daventaki ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2020 at 12:37 AM · edited Thu, 28 March 2024 at 5:08 AM

I am just getting back into Poser and would like to work with La Femme so I am looking to convert my V4 content to her. Which would you recommend Crossdresser or Prefitter? And does Crossdresser do hair and shoes also? I also seen somewhere that Prefitter was not working with the new 11.3.816?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2020 at 6:57 AM
Forum Coordinator

Prefitter has been used successfully for both hair and closed boots. It may not work well for low or open shoes.

Prefitter is a totally different animal than crossdresser of course. Crossdresser is an independent app that gives you a library item where Prefitter is a morph injection that does the bulk of the fitting work to prepare for the fitting room in Poser. The Prefitter works 'on the fly' and allows you to make your own corrections, include your own FBM's and so on.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2020 at 7:06 AM

Crossdresser also has morph injections to supplement the clothing conversion. Both products have strong points for them. It has a lot to do with how comfortable you are with the fitting room and where you prefer to concentrate your work.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 11:38 AM
Online Now!

How complicated would this be to get it to convert V4 items to V3, S3, M3, L3 figures?

FVerbaas posted at 10:37AM Sat, 06 June 2020 - #4390928

Prefitter has been used successfully for both hair and closed boots. It may not work well for low or open shoes.

Prefitter is a totally different animal than crossdresser of course. Crossdresser is an independent app that gives you a library item where Prefitter is a morph injection that does the bulk of the fitting work to prepare for the fitting room in Poser. The Prefitter works 'on the fly' and allows you to make your own corrections, include your own FBM's and so on.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 3:30 PM
Online Now!

There are no V3, S3, M3, and L3 presets developed and I wouldn't expect to see any in the future. I inquire about M4 and I was told that there needs to be a rework of the dummy figure to accommodate the mesh. The other generation 3 females, if someone could create a useable FBM that can be transferred to the dummy figure, we might have a chance.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 3:54 PM

What are the advantages of prefitter as opposed to crossdresser?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 4:18 PM

Also. On the subject of conversion...

is it feasible to convert Dforce dynamics intended for genesis for use in the cloth room of poser? That is, is it possible to get an .obj from a Dforce item, morph it (using various means) into a reasonable approximation of a particular Poser figure, and drape and fit it onto said Poser figure with reasonable results? In particular loose fitting items. I need a well made dynamic Nun's habit and the only one that I've seen is Dforce.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 4:26 PM

...maybe it would be easier to model a Nun's habit and cowl from scratch for use in the cloth room? Dynamics doesn't require rigging and faffing about with JCMs, other than fit and adjustment morphs...

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 4:34 PM
Online Now!

IIRC, EvilInnocence had a nun's habit for Dawn. I don't remember if it was a free item.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 4:38 PM
Online Now!

Just checked, nun's veil for Dawn and V4, not free.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 4:49 PM · edited Sat, 06 June 2020 at 4:54 PM

I saw that. The cowl part looks a little strange. Guess it could be fixed with morphs. And I suppose a flowy dynamic robe, to finish it off. I'll have a look around at medieval style dynamic robes... anyway, thanks hborre. Sorry for the slight derail.

Edit. Suggestion for a niche product for La Femme. Dynamic Nun's Habit and Cowl.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 5:49 PM
Forum Coordinator

I did try to develop a similar prefitter with V3 geometry. It had some fitting issues and I abandoned that branch because I was not sure just how much demand there would be to convert V3 items. I can provide it when you want. No guarantee of good result though.

I tried to do the male side with LHomme as a target but I got stuck on the over-developed musculature of LHomme. These 'Popeye the Sailior' forearms showed up very ugly in my test items. Also the sides of the chest show a concave shape which shows up ugly. I concluded I need to restart from scratch with a much more 'loose fit' donor mesh shape.

Daventaki ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 9:46 PM · edited Sat, 06 June 2020 at 9:46 PM

Boni posted at 9:43PM Sat, 06 June 2020 - #4390929

Crossdresser also has morph injections to supplement the clothing conversion. Both products have strong points for them. It has a lot to do with how comfortable you are with the fitting room and where you prefer to concentrate your work.

Hmm I know next to nothing about the fitting room, I have been away from Poser for a very long time and know nothing about FBM's and the such.

Thank's everyone for the input, I will have to think about it some more...

alpha3d803 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2022 at 4:55 PM

I am not able to download CrossDresser 4.0 from the website. Is it still available?  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2022 at 6:12 PM
Online Now!

That is weird, I just tried and indeed, nothing happens. I wonder what happened--it's hard to sell licenses here if the program itself is no longer available?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2022 at 7:57 PM
Online Now!

I just emailed EvilInnocense through their contact link.  Hopefully, someone will respond within a reasonable time.  Remember, for many, this is Easter weekend.

Richard60 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2022 at 9:10 PM

I just downloaded the program.  However it is flagged as unsafe and you have to click several warnings to get it download.

I am trying on my new computer, however I have never had any luck getting crossdresser to work in the past.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2022 at 4:17 AM · edited Sat, 16 April 2022 at 4:17 AM
Site Admin Online Now!
EldritchCellar posted at 4:18 PM Sat, 6 June 2020 - #4391035

Also. On the subject of conversion...

is it feasible to convert Dforce dynamics intended for genesis for use in the cloth room of poser? That is, is it possible to get an .obj from a Dforce item, morph it (using various means) into a reasonable approximation of a particular Poser figure, and drape and fit it onto said Poser figure with reasonable results? In particular loose fitting items. I need a well made dynamic Nun's habit and the only one that I've seen is Dforce.

Of course it is and I've been doing it for some time.  I used to use D3D's dsf Tools but lately I've found the DUF Prop Converter for Poser much easier and faster.  In fact, we even had a Poser Pulse Challenge and several members showed their results. 

Here are some of my conversions - mainly from G8F to La Femme but there's one fitted to L'Homme as well.

Products used in order of appearance from the top and left to right:

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dforce-kimono-lingerie-for-g8f/147713/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/lounge-dforce-outfit-for-genesis-8-females/149478/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dforce-hamptons-summer-outfit-for-g8f/127072/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/sugar-and-spikes-dforce-dress-for-genesis-8-females/139048/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/d-force-sweetstuff-outfit-for-g8f/153390/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/the-little-white-dress-for-g3f-and-g8f/116841/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/d-force-blouse-for-g8f/153073/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/hello-winter-dforce-clothing-for-g8f/145020/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/street-fashion-dforce-outfit-for-g8f/148268/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dforce-front-tied-shirt-for-genesis-8-females/150506/

Once the script converts the .duf to a .pp2 all you need to do is some minor resizing and I usually fit it using the Morph Tool although I suppose the fitting room could also be used - I just never got the hang of all the details needed to retain certain shapes without overshrinking so I prefer working with the Morph Tool.   Parent it and save it.  I now have a Runtime where I put all the Daz products I buy to convert so I can also link it to Poser and save the textured items as .mc6 files as well if I plan to use them regularly.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2022 at 6:33 AM · edited Sat, 16 April 2022 at 6:43 AM

Hi Kalypso.

I appreciate your response about converting DForce to Poser dynamic, (yes, I'm also EldritchCellar, who is banned lol)... actually I've been using DS itself to export as obj for use in Poser, including static Genesis 8 set up, clothed, and posed in DS and used as a prop in Poser. I also have used D3d's toolbox app. Generally I import into Poser, fit approximately, and then make final fitting adjustments in Blender or Mudbox, depending on the tools needed. Blender mostly for its proportional fall off feature with the modeling tools. Preview render of a recent conversion of DForce Nun outfit fit to Nova Poser figure and simmed as Dynamic...

6Vp8tPcZkDP5pehibah6eJZm6Uac1PYNkBFIeO6V.png

As a more on topic note, I've had some pretty good results using crossdresser converting V4/V3 "skankwear" to La Femme, who, oddly, lacks a catalogue of more fetish type get ups... although, as I discovered, EvilInnocense doesn't seem to place much priority on responding to product query messages on the site.

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2022 at 9:46 AM

'...some pretty good results using crossdresser converting V4/V3 "skankwear" to La Femme...'

Thank you, that's useful. One corner of my sprawling archive is crammed with weird / wild / wonderful & 'cosplay' V3/V4 stuff. 

For the record, LaF XD licence is not free...

JimTS ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2022 at 4:53 PM

right now as I type Crossdresser 4

doesn't run on my system despite 6 to 8 attempts at compatibility my just rollback to W7 where it worked

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2022 at 5:25 PM
Online Now!

Runs on my W10 setup with no problems.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2022 at 6:27 PM

This thread offers other clothing conversion options that you could adapt to any figure. 

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2022 at 1:00 AM
hborre posted at 5:25 PM Wed, 20 April 2022 - #4437459

Runs on my W10 setup with no problems.

Will rinse scrub and reapply

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2022 at 11:19 PM

Did you get to install?  Because like I said it is flagged as unsafe and you really need to keep selecting the semi-hidden options to bypass the security and get the program to install.  Once installed it does work.  I even managed to get it to convert an item from one figure to another.  In the past the program would run, but not create a new object file.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2022 at 8:10 AM
Forum Moderator

How does crossdresser work for long skirts? Wardrobe wizard, you ended up with a couple of useless control bones.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2022 at 7:05 PM

RedPhantom posted at 8:10 AM Fri, 22 April 2022 - #4437542

How does crossdresser work for long skirts? Wardrobe wizard, you ended up with a couple of useless control bones.

While I've never converted a long skirt with CrossDresser the pdf help documentation states that it cannot transfer non standard bones such as body handles.

It also states you can add basic skirt handles for posing... here's the synopsis of features etc...

XjBOEfpY5DCyYLn80RRBeYuWxdRV4LBIi06bn76Q.png

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2022 at 12:58 PM

As it stands now my "upgrade" to W10 pro was a giant techno fail wiped out Crossdresser completely. It won't run from where it was installed and won't reinstall either Failed again no joy in Jimville the more time I lose to researching alternatives embodies the essence of futility what a waste I wanted a creative outlet not this obstacle course of frustration Oh joy Ms Windows 11 more bloat ware less operating system and intrusive spyware no  value just expense Giant time suck no enjoyment I did not get into this to be spied on when I started into PC non ownership serfdom. I pay for parts and don't own any of the the software to make them do any of the stuff that make the parts usefulmaybe I should start sorting and collecting spam this awareness stuff sucks

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.