Wed, Apr 24, 1:43 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 24 9:07 am)

Subject: Stereo windows ??

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 6:21 PM · edited Fri, 19 April 2024 at 1:37 AM

I'd never noticed that PP_11.3 can have multiple windows on same scene until low-flying cat trod kbd and split the screen.

Display, Camera Layout, bunch of 4~3~2 port options...

A 2-port would let me have a 'sand-box' off-camera from main WIP, so very useful.

Another use of 2-port could be stereo renders. Is there a tutorial on such ?

I've vague memories of seeing it done using a 'camera set' in an earlier, pre-Rendo version, but that forum's long gone...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 7:32 PM

Sorry I can't help, but I have to say "Low flying cat" is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.  I have the same problem here.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 8:45 PM
Online Now!

Unless there is a major hack involved, those multiple windows are only for previewing your scene and are only capable of rendering a full scene from one camera.  If you can get the description phrased correctly, you might be able to Google it.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 8:49 PM
Online Now!

Maybe this is what you are referring to?  https://www.deviantart.com/stereoscopy/journal/Tutorial-3D-stereograms-with-Poser-227377871

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 9:29 PM

Thank you, hborre !! That's not the one I half-remembered, but the principles are the same: Two cameras, laterally offset. Duly book-marked.

I'd been scratching my head over 'convergence angle', but that's not required. Just appropriate lateral offset...

FWIW, I've no problem with sending one camera's view to render queue on 'Box', switching to other camera, sending that, as I only do static scenes...

( Poser does not support animated GIFs as textures. One or two that seemed they did had been 'post-worked'. Still, disconcerting...) 

Um, we nearly got a 3D TV back when they were in fashion, but my dear wife's vision declined such she could not have seen 'depth'. Big movies would be a bonus, but she'd wanted the wild-life programmes and LFC matches...

--

Sorry, I've been a bit distracted tonight because my Yahoo e-mail account decided it was not going to 'play nice' with Thunderbird any more. Had to dig into my back-up files to resolve...

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2022 at 4:44 AM
Online Now!

No problem.  Sometimes doing a search on an external browser might give you a better hit than the Rendo search engine.  I, too, lack depth perception due to weak vision in one eye.  Frustrating when everyone else reacts to 3D movies and I don't.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2022 at 8:19 AM

hborre, I'm with you there.  I have a birth defect that left me blind in my left eye.  Folks don't understand what limitations that causes.   

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.