Thu, Apr 18, 11:07 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 9:39 pm)

Subject: How do I stop asking poser 11 to go online to keep on active eating license

zananeichan ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2022 at 2:28 PM · edited Sat, 13 April 2024 at 4:27 PM

Since I have Mavericks with Poser 11(bondware/renderosity version) installed, and the OS is old, it is wise to keep it offline all the time as possible  when in use.Today I loaded poser 11,. and it asked me to go online to check the license. What if I cant go online anymore ? its not going to be a while before I can afford new hardware to afford the new version of Poser, especially now when world has gone to $h!t with the prices of things going up massively since the start of the Russia-Ukraine war, that is trying to evolve into WW3...

I clicked on the Product registration dialogue and unticked "I would like to receive ....." + "Allow this application to send analytics ..." and also Preferences / Misc tab, Untick "Software update " and untick Notifications.. 

Would this fix this issue or am I expected on some random time it ask me to go online for a check ? what if you don't have internet connection on your wifi ?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2022 at 2:52 PM
Online Now!

You will need to reach out to the administrators about how you can work around this issue.  When SmithMicro owned the rights to the program, they provided a solution that has been removed a long time ago.  IIRC, you can be offline for about a week before Poser starts to complain about connectivity but it might be longer.  Several threads, like yours, have been started and are buried somewhere within the long list of posts in the forum.  

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2022 at 3:14 PM

Send an email to store@posersoftware.com and cc me jennblake@renderosity.com with your license/serial number and I can help you with this. 😄

zananeichan ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2022 at 5:42 PM
jennblake posted at 3:14 PM Thu, 31 March 2022 - #4436606

Send an email to store@posersoftware.com and cc me jennblake@renderosity.com with your license/serial number and I can help you with this. 😄

Thank you very much, I have sent off the email in the request for help

zananeichan ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2022 at 7:15 PM

No one has replied my emails 

zananeichan ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2022 at 7:16 PM · edited Fri, 01 April 2022 at 7:16 PM
zananeichan posted at 5:42 PM Thu, 31 March 2022 - #4436610

No one has replied  my emails 

zananeichan ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 8:53 PM

zananeichan posted at 5:42 PM Thu, 31 March 2022 - #4436610

Hello did anyone get my emails for this ?

I am waiting for a response, did anyone respond ?

zananeichan ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 8:54 PM
hborre posted at 2:52 PM Thu, 31 March 2022 - #4436605

You will need to reach out to the administrators about how you can work around this issue.  When SmithMicro owned the rights to the program, they provided a solution that has been removed a long time ago.  IIRC, you can be offline for about a week before Poser starts to complain about connectivity but it might be longer.  Several threads, like yours, have been started and are buried somewhere within the long list of posts in the forum.  

I haven't heard any response from them, I am waiting for response 

zananeichan ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 8:54 PM

I have-not heard any response , did they respond to my emails ?

zananeichan ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 9:03 PM

Sorry I found it... I sent through my other email account... I get them muddled up... I am sorry about that. I have sent reply with poser serial , registered email and registered name.

zananeichan ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 9:04 PM
hborre posted at 2:52 PM Thu, 31 March 2022 - #4436605

Sorry I found it... I sent through my other email account... I get them muddled up... I am sorry about that. I have sent reply with poser serial , registered email and registered name.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.