Tue, Apr 23, 9:43 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 23 4:33 pm)

Subject: Ivy (for la Femme) -

starlingblue ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 1:42 AM · edited Sat, 20 April 2024 at 2:07 AM

Not sure what to do now with this character, want to distribute it but don't know how.

I don't feel like creating a dozend make-uos and fingernails, which seems to be required to sell on this place.

Also I am too lazey to sort and keep track of all the files requires if you do that.

I cant freebe it either cause a merchant ressource was used on the material (although heavily altered).

I wonder if someone who has a vendor account wants to collaborate and finish the character?

The material is so that makeups and tattoos can be added with simple black&white masks.

But then I think make up and tattoos doesn fit this character at all.

Anyways, someone interested in collaborating?

What I am good at is materials and lighting, and pssible character dialing.

What I am not good at is modelling and texturing (texture alining), finishing stuff for export and business/dealing with the host company.

Anyway, heres the character in question, some post proecessing is on the images

Hy4JUAcTUkYBdeSWOrCYzPBi0JEkCsV1K9byDfDr.jpg

starlingblue ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 1:42 AM · edited Sat, 02 April 2022 at 1:42 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

another one without dress
Q0uHFKEnFG3KlGNrIdcEvnOyyGz7sQz7GCTQe3Pe.jpg

starlingblue ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 7:06 AM · edited Sat, 02 April 2022 at 7:07 AM

another image without any post processing straight out of Poser, for better judgement

eEnkQKNMZKAwln9oXg12XZvWxwh2QmysvST0WzNt.jpg

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 7:07 AM

You could make a freebie morph (morph only)?

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 7:10 AM

I love it when La Femme is altered to not look like La Femme. Very nice. You can always put the morphs alone in Freestuff. I understand your desire to not bother with being a vendor. I'm not interested in that either.

Good luck with Ivy, whatever you choose to do.

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.
All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

starlingblue ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 8:32 AM · edited Sat, 02 April 2022 at 8:34 AM

I'll consider posting just the morph, but she becomes a very different character with other materials.

Looks much younger and mor boyish here for instance.

Here is an image for comparison with teh la Femme Pro skin and the original material of the hair (where shadows and emission was turned off)

I also consider writing a small tutorial on hwo to create shaders in this style (from the la femme pro textures for instance)

but that is also a lot of work. But maybe there are less restrictions on what you can do with a tutorial, I am not sure, does anybody know?

But what I would really like to see is people expanding on this with clothes and hair, for on another problem with morphs like these is

that conforming clothes don't fit without a lot of extra work, and even dynamic cloths dont fit all,since the body shape differs too much

so naything that has a tight fit won't work

mXVB4BeIOgLlClWkpniz8VAA0FHEXPOVbQIzEZiI.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 9:29 AM · edited Sat, 02 April 2022 at 9:32 AM
starlingblue posted at 8:32 AM Sat, 2 April 2022 - #4436659

I'll consider posting just the morph, but she becomes a very different character with other materials.

I suppose that ever 3D artist/hobbyist has at least once tested the skin swap 😄

Exemple here: same morphologies, I only exchanged the hairs, the swimsuits and the skins, and we find in the end 4 your women

tTIwtdKmx8ro0ZYDKqFzY91fwzB0twvuyzI58CCK.png

3Lrkm0NG3OiF6GacaY5QfarSi7y7ZAluIHNrfsas.png

And I find part of the fun with 3D 😄

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 8:09 PM

>>> But what I would really like to see is people expanding on this with clothes and hair, for on another problem with morphs like these is that conforming clothes don't fit without a lot of extra work, and even dynamic cloths dont fit all,since the body shape differs too much so naything that has a tight fit won't work

Clothing is typically modeled around the figure's default body shape.  Users can use Copy Morphs From to copy one or more morphs from the La Femme figure to the clothing. After that there might be some tweaks needed to resolve pokethroughs, but there are morph tools that are specifically geared toward fitting clothes, and it's not that difficult.

The main issue regarding making clothing that is modeled around a specific character morph is, then the clothing won't work correctly if you try to fit the clothing to other morphs that are injected or included with La Femme. It would severely impact the number of potential buyers if you create clothing that only works on one morph, so you create clothing that fits to the base character instead.

starlingblue ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2022 at 3:55 AM

You are right.
Sometimes this works very well, but sometimes not, it also depends on what body areas were transfered in the conform-fitting process.

And on dynamic clothes you can have problems if the fit is too lose,
and if the clothes are made too small, constrained areas will not stretch and adapt to wider body parts.

But I agree that clothes should foremost work on the base figure, what I meant was clothes and hair that
are confirmed to work and have prefit morphs, and suit the character in style etc.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 8:49 AM

You could team up with a vendor, who would handle the parts of the distribution, marketing end you would rather not so you can use your materials as well.  

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

starlingblue ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2022 at 5:13 PM

Thats what I would like to do.

starlingblue ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2022 at 2:52 PM

Is there an easy way to export stuff for sharing?

Or do you really have to sort everything manually?

I made these stockings withs shoes (one conforming figure) for la femme.

It's not modelled very well but the materials are nice and it's still usefull.

Another thing I would share if it wasnt so much hassle to collect the files, sort the folders, etc

Vene for such e simple thing its too much work I think, unless there is a method I am missing.

FDeqDw56ytnbPhxNLC0dHlmiKo2CU0AszJBJoR4q.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 3:53 PM

The best way to approach it would be to create a runtime for whatever product you are working on, to keep it separate from everything else in your runtime. Then add that runtime to Poser as an external runtime.

You will have to set up the proper folder structure in this external runtime, and add all the content in your product to it (geometries, textures, library files like materials and CR2 or props, etc). 

It does seem like a lot of work for your first couple of things, but you do get used to it eventually. We have all been there, and trust me it does get easier. You might find it worth your while to learn how to do these things yourself instead of relying on others to help you complete your products.

The Renderosity store has standards for how file folders should be arranged. I can't find the post at the moment, I will post again once I find it.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2022 at 3:28 PM

You need a CR2 editor to remove all the shortcuts to your own files (pointing to your C drive, things like that) and replace them with runtime folder names, etc. You would do that after you get everything packaged in the folders you want them in.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.