Fri, Apr 19, 2:46 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 19 1:27 pm)

Subject: Converting Hair

bittmank ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 6:21 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 8:28 PM

I've been trying to find ways to convert hair from one model to another, specifically TO La Femme.  There aren't many hair options for her.  I've tried a number of techniques, repositioning and parenting, Cross Dresser, Fitting Room, lots of morphs, but they all fall short somewhere, usually strange distortions when the head is posed or hair that looks frozen in space.  Any other workflows, tools or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 7:16 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Some hair has fitting morphs or adjustment morphs that even though they aren't specific for La Femme,  can be used to fit her. Biscuits's hair has plenty of morphs. If it's other hair, I usually use moving, scaling, and sometimes the morph brush. If it's lacking in movement morphs, a magnet can help.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 7:46 PM

La Femme has a head morph that changes the shape of her head to match V4's, so V4's hair will fit.

If you're talking about long hair that has to conform to La Femme's body...that can be difficult even if you're using it for the figure it was created for.  Some poses just won't work. Magnets can help.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 8:52 PM

Here's that link randmy77 mentioned (to morph La Femme's skull to V4's).

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81132/la-femme-v4-hair-fit

Also, I like to use the morph tool and work on only the scalp material, if the hair figure has one. I might have to make the other hair parts transparent in the Materials Room.

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.
All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 4:18 PM

Just conform V4 hair to La Femme and copy joint zones from. That works with most figures. 

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 5:58 PM
RobZhena posted at 4:18 PM Sat, 5 February 2022 - #4434436

Just conform V4 hair to La Femme and copy joint zones from. That works with most figures. 

Wow, I never knew that. Thanks. (I'm out from under my rock today.)

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.
All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

bittmank ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2022 at 7:08 PM

Thanks so much!  All very helpful.

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2022 at 11:12 AM · edited Fri, 01 April 2022 at 11:12 AM
Online Now!

I missed this thread when it was posted.

It is possible to convert any hair to any character depending on your software and skills

This is the Freebie Gwenn Hair for G3F converted to conforming hair for LaFemme with all pose morphs

Bill

vu6lA2KzsV5KzxEvdMgFCyO565aGkOLScZYI3RnQ.jpg

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.