Tue, Apr 16, 9:45 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 16 5:17 am)

Subject: La Femme & L'Homme hand grasp weirdness

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2022 at 12:21 PM · edited Sat, 13 April 2024 at 9:47 PM

I should probably know this, but I don't. I created a L'Homme Pro character and added the morphs that came with it and the La Femme face and body morphs and the Body Kit morphs. I saved it with new geometry (pmd file) to a separate folder.

When I grasp his hand, his fingers get weirdly long. It even happens when I use 3Dreams's Simple Male Poses in Freestuff.

VAIILXbJeTnj1ykCcc6n0BY2DO2g7wOpRm4myty0.png

I thought it might be the BK Thin morph I used but undoing that doesn't change the grasp.

I decided to add another L'Homme to the scene and grasp his hand. It grasps okay. This one was from Poser 12 but I tried another from Poser 11 and it was the same.

h4endGMnnlyHerrGkKXRfGyR9fwRLKstDTfUDJpk.png

What am I doing wrong or what don't I understand? Thanks.

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.
All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2022 at 12:47 PM

Basically what is wrong is that since L'Homme was seperated from being a morph of the LaFemme figure some of the morphs (actually it may be MOST) made for LaFemme will not work. Mostly this is because a good number of weightmaps and joint bends had to be reworked in the individual figure, because the LeFemme joint information could not be proted to the individual L'Homme. This was really apparent in smaller areas like the fingers and toes. You can see the affect in your pictures above look at the positions of the bones.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2022 at 1:00 PM

Thanks, Letterworks. I hadn't used any morphs for the hands, but I guess I should rework this character.

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2022 at 1:59 PM

Correction: I used Grasp for the hand. Duh. It's a morph.

I decided to use Dusk for this character, since I recently bought Alaric 2 in RMP.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/fl-alaric-2-for-dusk/146921/

Old lady hobbyist.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2022 at 4:09 PM

Sorry you feel the need to move to a new figure. We worked hard to get L'Homme to be a good stand alone figure but you just can't make it suport everything

His finger can be moved to grasp object and that pose can be saved without resorting to LeFemme morphs/poses that may not work with the rigging of the figure

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2022 at 6:00 PM

I tried just moving the finger sections individually. Same stretching. But I'm still using L'Homme for other characters in my story. He's not going to waste!

Old lady hobbyist.

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2022 at 3:19 PM

Ibeen thinking about this and I wonder, are you exporting  full body morphs? And are the hands actuall necessary to change for yur character? If not you may just want to exclude the when export the morph. I'm' not 100% sure that would work but its a shot

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2022 at 10:15 PM

Thanks, Letterworks. I'm not doing FBM on this one (and I'm not creating a morph for hands), but I considered creating one after my last post.

This weird finger curl has happened to me in the past multiple times, but I'm not sure what the circumstances were around it.

Old lady hobbyist.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2022 at 12:43 PM

Go to the Parameters Palette. Dial your character morph to 1. Then choose "Match Centers to Morph" from the flyout menu in the Parameters palette That SHOULD make everything fall into place.

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2022 at 1:37 PM

I agree DeeDey, I don't know why I forgot about that.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2022 at 6:27 AM · edited Sat, 15 January 2022 at 6:27 AM

Thank, Deecey. I tried that but it only made it worse.

V0YRPQCKMNggyw6n3CcXzLNMsuPqFyiJhggI9Ltr.jpg

HOWEVER, I took a new L'Homme and tested the Grasp. Good. Then I added the L'Homme morphs and tried the Grasp. Still good. Then I added the La Femme body morphs. Grasp got wonky.

Lesson learned: don't mix drinks.

I shouldn't add La Femme body morphs to L'Homme. The La Femme face morphs seem to be okay; they don't affect Grasp. Also, some of the Body Kit morphs initially appear okay, too, but Grasp clearly doesn't like FBMs Fairy, Taller, and Shorter on L'Homme, either before or after Match Centers to Morph. Mixing drinks again.

Thanks, Letterworks and Deecey for your attention to this.

Old lady hobbyist.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2022 at 6:48 AM

One thing you can try.

After you dial in all the individual morph combinations that you want to use to make up your character, save the project with all the individual morphs dialed in, for a backup.

After you save, choose the Figure > Spawn Full Body Morph command. This will create a single morph dial for your character. Assign it a character name, and it will create a dial in the BODY actor.

After that, choose Figure > Zero Figure. That will zero out all the individual morphs.  Then dial that SINGLE morph you created in the first step to 1.

THEN choose the Match Centers to Morph command.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2022 at 1:11 PM

Thanks, Deecey.

Old lady hobbyist.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2022 at 6:47 AM

Another thing you can try is to Convert to Pre-Transform Morph. A shape morph is applied before transform (as in, Poser will consider the rotations AFTER it considers the morph shape), usually only fix morphs are Post-Transform Morphs (as in, Poser will consider body rotation first, then apply the morph after this rotation).

If you attempt this, do it to the hand or such slider - for some reason Poser doesn't like to apply it to Body dials.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2022 at 1:48 PM

Thanks, A-O. I gave it a try and it made it wonkier. I can easily remake the character. But I've learned a few things from this thread:

1) Do not add La Femme body morphs to L'Homme (face morphs are okay but not body morphs). This was my big mistake.

2) Give Convert to Pre-Transform Morph a try (I should learn how to use it)

3) Give Match Centers to Morph a try (I should learn how to use this, too)

I already spawn fbm and object morphs regularly, but sometimes I like to leave things at the dial-spin stage.

Old lady hobbyist.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.