Thu, Mar 28, 4:50 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 28 8:52 am)

Subject: skydome

jackwryan ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 4:21 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:20 PM

Why does a skydome show up in preview and render if all lights are OFF?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 5:01 PM
Forum Moderator

The dome probably is self-lighting in some way. Look at the shader for an ambient value. If you don't see that, post a screenshot of the shader here. We might be able to find something for you.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 7:03 PM

It sounds like you're describing the Construct that surrounds the set and is always present unless you turn it invisible in the Properties Tab under the Ground prop.  If you want it to be completely black and non-reflective, you'll need to enter the Material Room, set the Diffuse and Specular channels to black, and change their associated values to 0.  You would need to do this for both the Ground and the Background.  I don't know the reason why they are still visible with the lights off but in both cases, the Diffuse channel is set to a light gray.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2022 at 10:49 AM

And if you still have the Poser 11 content folder, you will find a series of Mats for "The construct", one that being the blackout:

8iySAKVy0OHjxs7Aw7TyQrZjejJUrnnRy65Wzqqj.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

jackwryan ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2022 at 1:39 PM

I've tried twice today to write a response to these suggestions but I don't think that I managed to get it posted. The "Add Comment" button, which I'll try now, has been hidden by Renderosity's notice about cookies. I checked the Materials page for the Flink skydome that I've used. Ambient is set to White and the skydome disappears if I set it to Black. That's not causing a problem for me. In fact, I'm glad that it works that way. I'd just been wondering why a skydome prrop can be seen when the scene's lights are all OFF. Now I know. Thanks to you all for helping! 

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2022 at 2:09 PM

Ah, you didn't specify that in your OP.  You should be thorough in your descriptions and with what products you're experiencing the problems.  Otherwise, those trying to help will give you a dozen solutions to other practical problems without realizing that you have something else in mind.  Live and learn.  We're glad you managed to figure it out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.