Tue, Apr 23, 5:28 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 22 7:39 pm)

Subject: La Femme eye problem

tbenner ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 3:11 PM · edited Mon, 22 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

I have Poser 11.3 and I've loaded La Femme Pro. If I change her eye color by using any of her material presets, her eyes go white on me in the preview window, but they render properly. Anyone know how I can fix this so her eyes display properly in the preview window?

I've attached a picture so you can see what I am talking about.  You can see her white eyes in the preview render, but the raytrace preview is fine.

What I do is first select her head, then apply the eye material preset.

I can live with this if I have to, but it is rather freaky! :)

Thanks in advance

ai35z28vUw1XGBSMWgCDRFcgZtIQx5XcLt3A1kEl.PNG

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 3:35 PM
Are you using OpenGL or SreeD in your preview window?  There could potentially be a shader issue but without seeing the Advanced Material Room configuration for all the eye component textures it is difficult to determine.  Are you rendering FireFly or SuperFly?

Sunfire ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 3:58 PM

At a guess, I'd say it is the eyes being done in Cycles, which displays white in preview.

Sunfire's Creations

tbenner ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 5:15 PM

I am using OpenGL in the preview window, and I am using SuperFly. I did notice when I switched to SreeD the iris would go green, but the pupil was still white.

I looked at the advanced materials, and the iris is using a PhysicalSurface node, while the pupil is using a CyclesSurface.

I've attached images of what I think are the relevant material nodes.

Thanks for your help!

UL5T06Jtf5w4T51VxKLfHxKPsdeRXrBX6t4v1ib4.PNGw8U99RNDyeWe6Rh8N3BEyGLQbwzoP07FVnYmy61I.PNGiHDD4Zm1k5KA1rneYy94z6xq8L3OikCijhzlgx8A.PNG

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 6:28 PM
Site Admin

Poser is using the firefly shader for the preview. The pupil is set to white for that. If you want to see color in the previews, I recommend setting up a poser surface root node and plugging the image maps into the diffuse.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 6:45 PM

Can confirm what @sunfirefire and @redphantom have said. 

Eternal Hobbyist

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 7:57 PM

Yep, I also agree with that assessment.

tbenner ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 8:52 AM

I've narrowed the problem down some. If I apply either the simple pbr or the procedural sss materials, I don't see the white eye problem. It is only when I use the sss w refracted eyes materials. Even when I apply on of the base materials to her body in the refracted eyes material group, her eyes go white. So it must be something particular to the refracted eyes material group.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not very proficient at using nodes yet, but I'll give your suggestions a try.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 2:33 PM

Try this freebie from one of the top vendors here... it should take care of your white eyes problem.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86843/ghostship-eyes-for-poser-12

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.