Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Free Stuff Submission Policy for tubes, backgrounds, and scenes.

Deenamic opened this issue on Jan 11, 2021 ยท 6 posts

maneki_neko posted Tue, 21 December 2021 at 5:49 AM

wheatpenny posted at 5:12 PM Mon, 20 December 2021 - #4432162

It applies mainly to things designed to substitute for the item in question,  like a 2d billboard of Victoria 8, or a background made from an environment set intended to substitute for the original set.  You don't need permission to use individual objects in a rendered background.

aaah.. finally this rule set is becoming clear. the operative word being "SUBSTITUTE"...this is thought so the creator of a 3d product doesn't feel ripped off in a way, because someone could literally prefer to use a free tube instead of buying their 3d product, because the 2d result is, after all, pretty much the same, save for the versatility of views ofc.

cool, this means there is no problem with what i'm thinking of doing.

also, i would personally be ashamed of repetitively "generously offering" something like a simple render of a 3d object on a transparent background like right outta the box as a freebie, even less as a purchasable product. same for random generated barely recolored clone outputs of programs like filterforge etc... that usually look like nothing, really. one exception would be excellent textures from one particular site, and i'm not even sure their tos allows that.

but yeah, maybe i should reflect on what Adrian Rogers said, lol...

anyway, thanks for the reply ^^
also, nice to meet a fellow polyglotte ^^

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...