Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Chain Control Python Script for Poser 12 by Ken1171_Designs

Letterworks opened this issue on Dec 09, 2021 ยท 10 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 10 December 2021 at 7:44 PM

The fuel line was an easy pose figure that I already had in my runtime which I could never get to do what I wanted it to so it was a prime target for the new script.   As the pipe was a easy pose it was already segmented so I was able to lock one end of the fuel line to the fuel tank and then use the script to guide the other end of the pipe towards the aircraft by working on the intermediate sections.  It was not immediately intuitive and the movement was wild at first but I began to get use to the sliders in the script and get close to what a wanted and then tweak other sections to refine it.

I have some ropes in my runtime that are section in the same manner and also some chains that are easy pose.  The problem I found was it was so time consuming to get a convincing curve in the rope or a sag in the chains but that is so much easier to set up with this script.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.