Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 Renders

TheAnimaGemini opened this issue on Nov 20, 2020 ยท 882 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 10:25 PM

hborre posted at 10:20 PM Mon, 15 November 2021 - #4430607

It is unfortunate that such a feature doesn't exist in preview.  The next best solution is to use the Raytrace Preview window to give you an idea of what the background scene will look like instead of using the render engine.  I usually have that window available in the material room when fine-tuning adjustments.

As you say the Raytrace Preview window is a help and I also did a few low sample renders when I was getting close but it does mean that the process is more difficult than using a dome for lighting.  Just not sure at the moment if the extra work when lighting from the background gives me anything better than a dome.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.