Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 in leather

mdbruffy opened this issue on Nov 12, 2021 ยท 23 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 10:19 PM

Rhia474 posted at 1:31 PM Sat, 13 November 2021 - #4430430

What I find sad is that I can't find old POSER purchases anywhere. Like things one got at SmithMicro, such as James G2, Olivia, a ton of clothes etc. Those are gone because while the products themselves moved over there, as far as I know, the purchases didn't. And unless you have all those on an uncorruptable postable hard drive or up in the cloud on your third backup's backup... Ugh.

I have hard copy back ups on archival DVDs (so say good for 100 years) of all my Poser downloads and a cloud copy just to cover off robbery and fire at the home.  All the purchased I have downloaded are stored in yearly folders with monthly sub folders and then finally I have a database that list the details including the date so i can easily find any given purchase.  I can go back 20 years and still find purchases.  In addition to this I have second and third copies of my working runtime folder

The downside is it takes and lot of time in keeping the backups up to date, although I have recently automated the cloud update.  Keeping the database up to date means filling in all the new content as soon as I buy it when all I really want to do is play with my new toys.  Not sure if this effort is really worth it as I could spend so much more time playing but with the cost of maybe losing some content along the way.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.