Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 10 Problems with installers

Mistress_Natalie_Stern opened this issue on Nov 09, 2021 ยท 16 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 10:02 PM

If my memories are correct it was made fairly clear early on that the future focus was to be in a single version of Poser.  It was not all bad news though, that also meant they dropped the standard and pro versions so all Poser 12 users have access to all the features.  

I have great sympathy for those that are stuck on older versions of Poser and are unable to buy the latest version for whatever reason, but , I personally think it is unfair to blame the new team who are trying to save Poser and concentrate their effort on one version.  Someone else introduced the phone home feature and then took away the support for the earlier versions, that said, with the demise of Flash and the introduction of Python 3 the earlier versions are sadly dying.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.